Ryzen Versus Core i7 In 11 Popular Games

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
There used to be a way to unsub/unfollow threads. It used to be at the top. Just like AMD. I can't log on anymore and see this thread. It's devolved. Mods defending 60hz, Fanatics defending AMD's 'good enough'. Can I just carry on with life already? Let me unsub this thread.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You go to the first message in the thread to find "unfollow" and "stop tracking".

Kewlx25

Distinguished

There are different processing rate all over the brain. Some of those processing rates can rate well beyond 300fps.

Just look at the issues around frame consistency. A flat 30fps is considered smooth. Yet people are complaining about micro-stuttering when when using a 240hz monitor and their fps fluctuates between 220 and 240.

There have already been tests that show if you have a movie and inject a single frame of a different scene for a duration of 1/300th of a second, the human can make out what the other scene was.

Then you have the non-continuous issue. Say your playing Quake3 Arena and you get into close melee range. An object can easily move across your screen in less than 1/60th of a second. You will get zero frames rendered that shows the information you need. The information is not continuously streamed to your monitor, you instead get slices of time.

The brain can make decisions about data that that only exists for 3.33ms(1/300th of a second). It may take you 200-300ms to make a decision about that data, but that data must exist in order to make a decision about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.