Question S27a550h Samsung Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterX-

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hi,
I have s27a550h Samsung monitor, I have a weird problem with this monitor. The monitor works with TV Box, PS, Chromecast, and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.
Still, the monitor doesn't work with my laptops. I tried to connect it throw HDMI cables and the monitor showed me to check signal cable message, I tried the VGA cable the monitor became black and the power button was blinking. In both cases when I go to my laptop's settings it shows me that there is no screen detected. I tried another laptop and I had the same problem. Taking into account that I have updated the firmware and did everything. However, the monitor worked when I used Mini-displayport to HDMI cable but the resolution was very bad and not full screen only 800x600, I tried to change it from the laptop's settings but there was no other available resolution.

Can someone help with this, I am just confused why my monitor works with everything but not with laptops. Is it the laptop's configuration or is it the graphics card or is it the monitor itself

Hi,
I have s27a550h Samsung monitor, I have a weird problem with this monitor. The monitor works with TV Box, PS, Chromecast, and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.
Still, the monitor doesn't work with my laptops. I tried to connect it throw HDMI cables and the monitor showed me to check signal cable message, I tried the VGA cable the monitor became black and the power button was blinking. In both cases when I go to my laptop's settings it shows me that there is no screen detected. I tried another laptop and I had the same problem. Taking into account that I have updated the firmware and did everything. However, the monitor worked when I used Mini-displayport to HDMI cable but the resolution was very bad and not full screen only 800x600, I tried to change it from the laptop's settings but there was no other available resolution.

Can someone help with this, I am just confused why my monitor works with everything but not with laptops. Is it the laptop's configuration or is it the graphics card or is it the monitor itself
It sounds like the laptop doesn't support the monitors resolution

Yes so it sounds like that monitor has a wonkie resolution the laptop doesn't like. Not all laptops new or old support all resolutions, I have 5 laptops 3 work fine on basically all my monitors the other 2 will only work on certain ones do to the support the laptop can handle
Hi,

What's the laptop I have the monitor specs pulled if I get the laptop I can see if it's supported

HunterX-

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Yes so it sounds like that monitor has a wonkie resolution the laptop doesn't like. Not all laptops new or old support all resolutions, I have 5 laptops 3 work fine on basically all my monitors the other 2 will only work on certain ones do to the support the laptop can handle
You know, I bought an old monitor for like 10$, it is very old. However, it works with my laptop. So if the old monitor works with the laptop I think the S27a550h should work with the laptop as well.

HunterX-

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Laptops support for 16:9 1920x1080 is up to 15in your screen is 27
15.60 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 141
Your laptop doesn't support the resolution of the monitor
Monitor specs
27" (16:9) ; Resolution · 1920x1080
If so, then the monitor that I have Acer G24HQ 24-inch Full HD monitor should never work with my laptop :rolleyes:

If so, then the monitor that I have Acer G24HQ 24-inch Full HD monitor should never work with my laptop :rolleyes:
Yes it should now your just being smart, I never said it couldn't handle anything bigger than 15in it can't handle anything bigger then 15in with a ratio of 16:9 you other monitor has a ratio completely different.

Other screen ratio 1.78:1 x24in however not 16:9 x24.....

Status
Not open for further replies.