[SOLVED] Safe to delete System Reserved?

Mar 11, 2022
Recently, I've decided that I wanted to clear up one of my SSD's (Disk 2) so I can move my files from Disk 1 to Disk 2. This is so I can fully install Linux on Disk 1, since I've been using it for my school work, development, and some gaming.

Unfortunately, there is a "System Reserved" on Disk 2. It would be great if I can delete that but some users have said that it contains boot files that allow the OS to boot up. I'm pretty sure Disk 0 contained the boot files since I'm booting directly from Disk 0, but I guess not.

Is it possible to delete System Reserved or can I just remove the rest of the partitions on Disk 2? Disk 2 contains the Linux OS that I want deleted, since I'm going to install it again later.

I've tried removing the other partition on Disk 2 but apparently I'm unable to do so, specifically partition (I: ).

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to render my OS unbootable, which is why I'm asking.

Disk Management Screenshot
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnXIb2ZLg7tZ607zlf8SIEQ2gY7n

UPDATE:
Incase anyone looks at this, I formatted Disk 2 and installed Ubuntu on it. Thankfully, Ubuntu repaired the boot files without any intervention from me.

Last edited:
Solution
@USAFRet

It does not boot up directly without manual intervention. Basically, I have to turn on the PC, press F11 (to access the boot menu) and select Windows to boot into the OS. I'm sure I can use EasyBCD to fix that though correct? I've used it before in similar situations.
Windows
Second Windows
System Reserved.

All on different physical drives.
Problems.

Disconnect ALL drives except Disk 0.
Does it boot up?
Mar 11, 2022
@USAFRet

It does not boot up directly without manual intervention. Basically, I have to turn on the PC, press F11 (to access the boot menu) and select Windows to boot into the OS. I'm sure I can use EasyBCD to fix that though correct? I've used it before in similar situations.

USAFRet

Titan
@USAFRet

Windows
Second Windows
System Reserved.

Problems.

Does it boot up?

Solution
Mar 11, 2022
Windows
Second Windows
System Reserved.

Problems.

Does it boot up?

Same result. The boot loader shows two options, Windows and Ubuntu which all point to Disk 0 as it says. The system wont boot up to the OS without me manually selecting Windows in the boot loader.

It seems fine, I mean I can still boot into Windows, it's just a process to do so. I'm sure EasyBCD can fix this right?

USAFRet

Titan
Same result. The boot loader shows two options, Windows and Ubuntu which all point to Disk 0 as it says. The system wont boot up to the OS without me manually selecting Windows in the boot loader.

It seems fine, I mean I can still boot into Windows, it's just a process to do so. I'm sure EasyBCD can fix this right?
If you're staisfied with the way it works without that drive and partition...delete away.