Samsung 860 evo problems installing

Jul 19, 2018
I recently tried to install a Samsung 860 evo 250gb but on migrating Windows over using their cloning software it wood not boot. I tried this multiple times but had the same issue. I then thought it was probably something to do with it migrating so did a fresh install but still had the same outcome. I even swapped the drive incase it was faulty. Motherboard is an Asus rog maximus VI and current ssd is a Sandisk plus 60gb which is still working fine. Does any one have any ideas on solving the issue? Thanks

Jul 19, 2018

Yes went to the bios and made sure it was at the top. Also tried it with no other drives installed.

garyoa1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I got an 860 500gb. Tried to install as a slave. Win10 pro doesn't see it. Doesn't show in disk management. Tried another sata cable... nothing. Pulled another drive out of the machine (desktop, 4 drives) and tried it there. Nothing. Anyway, it was a 4 month old drive sitting on the shelf. Got it at amazon. So I assumed amazon would be out of the picture so contacted samsung. They said contact amazon. (what?) Of course amazon said contact samsung. So essentially I have a new dead drive with no warranty. Looking thru amazons comments it would seem there are a LOT of folks with essentially the same problem.