Question samsung 980 wont display as a bootable device

Sep 1, 2022
Its my first ever ssd, and when I reinstalled windows to it, it went smoothly until the restart, because it restarted, and began the install again, so I restarted it manually and I tried set the priority of the ssd in the bios, but then I saw that the ssd didnt even displayed as a bootable device.

I tried to install it to the hdd, but some reason it was the same, it didnt displayed it as a bootable device. I reinstalled windows before, but then I could reinstall it easily.

(not important but happened: and then I tried a couple more times to reinstall to the ssd and to the hhd where it was originally, and this caused to the flash drive broke [or if didnt this caused it idk what could])

Then I tried to find a solution on the internet, there was a couple question with similar problem, but the answers didnt work for me.
I tried to turn on csm, and it seemed to work, but then when i tried reinstall windows, it said: windows cannot be installed to this disk ensure disk controller is enabled in bios, then i tried to convert the partition to gpt in cmd, and then I could install windows on it, but when my pc restarted and finally booted from my ssd, there was an 0x000000e error

I plugged out the hdd,
I have a TUF Gaming B560M-Plus
Please help I dont know what to do now, Im out of ideas

EDIT:
I read that someone was able to solve the problem with an exchange,
so Im gonna try that.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022
what is that mean? install from the beginning? did you remove the installation media?

Yes, the install restarted from the beginning, and
yes I tried to remove the flash drive, and when I did that, it just loaded in bios automatically, and there was nothing as a bootable device.

Last edited:

savastanosacha

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
Its my first ever ssd, and when I reinstalled windows to it, it went smoothly until the restart, because it restarted, and began the install again, so I restarted it manually and I tried set the priority of the ssd in the bios, but then I saw that the ssd didnt even displayed as a bootable device.

I tried to install it to the hdd, but some reason it was the same, it didnt displayed it as a bootable device. I reinstalled windows before, but then I could reinstall it easily.

(not important but happened: and then I tried a couple more times to reinstall to the ssd and to the hhd where it was originally, and this caused to the flash drive broke [or if didnt this caused it idk what could])

Then I tried to find a solution on the internet, there was a couple question with similar problem, but the answers didnt work for me.
I tried to turn on csm, and it seemed to work, but then when i tried reinstall windows, it said: windows cannot be installed to this disk ensure disk controller is enabled in bios, then i tried to convert the partition to gpt in cmd, and then I could install windows on it, but when my pc restarted and finally booted from my ssd, there was an 0x000000e error

I plugged out the hdd,
I have a TUF Gaming B560M-Plus
Please help I dont know what to do now, Im out of ideas

EDIT:
I read that someone was able to solve the problem with an exchange,
so Im gonna try that.

I had kinda of a similar problem with the same SSD.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...see-nvme-on-boot.3770848/page-2#post-22788051

Any bells?