Samsung Claims Apple Didn't Invent Pinch-to-Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Samsung do urself a favor, pull the plug from supplying parts to Apple, or just make it last only 1 year, since thats all required cover by warranty.

it would be funny to see all iphone fail right after warranty lol.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Here's the thing, It might be a trap

As soon as Samsung stops supplying parts to Apple, Apple would have a strong enough case against them.
Apple could sue them for being anti-competitive

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
there's just to much money in that for both sides, if Samsung drops Apple as a customer it will only create a temporary problem for Apple till he gets a new supplier, maybe even Intel since the two company's work together in there Mac business, even if Samsung loses i think they can still cover that loss by supplying apple. Also there is no news that some of the iPhone features are not original, its just the fact that Apple put them together with the greatest bang and fanfare and made the first high profile smartphone, that worked as intended.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Samsung do urself a favor, pull the plug from supplying parts to Apple, or just make it last only 1 year, since thats all required cover by warranty.it would be funny to see all iphone fail right after warranty lol.[/citation]

No, then all the customers get screwed. As much as I dislike apple's tactics, I hate seeing people ripped off bcuz of third rate quality. Most people work to hard for their money to toss $500 down the drain.

Now, if we're talking about Bieber's cd's automatically becoming unreadable and unplayable after a year, that's something I'll give two thumbs up :)

bawss

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]there's just to much money in that for both sides, if Samsung drops Apple as a customer it will only create a temporary problem for Apple till he gets a new supplier, maybe even Intel since the two company's work together in there Mac business, even if Samsung loses i think they can still cover that loss by supplying apple. Also there is no news that some of the iPhone features are not original, its just the fact that Apple put them together with the greatest bang and fanfare and made the first high profile smartphone, that worked as intended.[/citation]

Intel is not going to make it for them.
Intel actually wanted to take Apple down.
That's why Microsoft is making those WP8 tablets.
I remember the news from some months ago that Microsoft and Intel are working together to take Apple down.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Samsung do urself a favor, pull the plug from supplying parts to Apple, or just make it last only 1 year, since thats all required cover by warranty.it would be funny to see all iphone fail right after warranty lol.[/citation]

The courts really don't like it when companies decide not to sell their products to a company that's competing with them, and shareholders really don't like it when their company decides to sacrifice billions of dollars in revenue.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Whoever came up with the idea of putting one foot in front of the other in order to walk should have patented that. They'd be making a killing now.

[citation][nom]marcolorenzo[/nom]Whoever came up with the idea of putting one foot in front of the other in order to walk should have patented that. They'd be making a killing now.[/citation]

I think that patent would have expired several hundred thousand years ago

"Samsung Claims Apple Didn't Invent Pinch-to-Zoom"

Shouldn't the title say "Samsung PROVES Apple Didn't Invent Pinch-To-Zoom" ? After all, prior art was demonstrated here with a working device, no less. If that is not proof, IDK what is.
Same goes for all the other "patents" in question, including the infamous square with round edges.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]"Samsung Claims Apple Didn't Invent Pinch-to-Zoom"Shouldn't the title say "Samsung PROVES Apple Didn't Invent Pinch-To-Zoom" ? After all, prior art was demonstrated here with a working device, no less. If that is not proof, IDK what is. Same goes for all the other "patents" in question, including the infamous square with round edges.[/citation]

The fanboyism of the Toms writers is strong, hard to find unbiased articles nowadays.

gruffmeister

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
How can Apple claim they "invented" pinch to zoom? By their own admission and marketing material they claim to have created a product that is natural to use. By inference this means pinch to zoom is natural and so not invented....and like walking, cannot be patented.

From bawss: "I remember the news from some months ago that Microsoft and Intel are working together to take Apple down." - it seems as though Microsoft has successfully passed the "bring them down" tag to Apple. Impressive.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Or just increase the part cost to steal additional profit(which shareholder from Samsung say no?), I honestly dont think Apple really deserve that kind of "love" from Samsung.

As for Intel, there is no reason Intel want Apple, Intel want a bigger market x86 + W8 is their way to enter smart phone market.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Or just increase the part cost to steal additional profit(which shareholder from Samsung say no?), I honestly dont think Apple really deserve that kind of "love" from Samsung. As for Intel, there is no reason Intel want Apple, Intel want a bigger market x86 + W8 is their way to enter smart phone market.[/citation]

Right now they're under contract to produce the chips, they can't just arbitrarily raise the price. The contract probably contains clauses for future price ramping which prevents Samsung from gouging Apple on renegotiation when the current contract expires.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]pharoahhalfdead[/nom]No, then all the customers get screwed. As much as I dislike apple's tactics, I hate seeing people ripped off bcuz of third rate quality. Most people work to hard for their money to toss $500 down the drain. Now, if we're talking about Bieber's cd's automatically becoming unreadable and unplayable after a year, that's something I'll give two thumbs up :)[/citation]

they are apple sheeple they hardly count amount the human race anymore... they exist in coffee shops and thrift stores tying to hbe hip and trendy so if they have to buy a new phoen really we are just making sure the twill coat market doesn't get oversaturated. samsung could always sell replacement parts on the aftermarket as a screen that happens to be compatable with the iphone but to be fair most the isheep only know its broke get5 another one and it isn't apples fault thier terrible phoen broke it was tier own transgressions of bumping the phone to hard and breaking both panes of glass

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
exactly, 1 year is all the needed for the hardware to last. Thats what 1 year warranty for, but thats a very dauchebag move for Samsung. I still think Samsung should start ripping Apple off after the contract expires, overprice parts for iphone 5 maybe?

jeffunit

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Challenging Apple's patents certainly won't be enough to win the trial

This is true, but successfully challenging apple's patents will be enough to win this patent infringement trial.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Apple has the patent for pinch to zoom, therefore, they invented it. You guys need to just accept it and deal with it.

Samsung has thoroughly embarrassed itself in this trial. The lawyers have looked amateur, Samsung destroyed evidence, there are beyond damning internal slides, etc.

It's going to be great to see all the tears shed on this site once SameSUCK loses big.

Then we can move on to real news, like the awesome new display technology in the new iPhone from SHARP with IGZO and in-cell technology (also invented by AAPL).

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]nothing in that video showed pinch to zoom. it show multi touch and windows resizing by pinching but no pinch to zoom.[/citation]
Technically, they zoomed the black boxes in those rectangles. Also, totally idiotic for concepts like these to be patentable instead of the tech behind them.

We have a big problem, the system, and it doesn't have to do anything with Apple or Samsung.
When it comes to technology, baboons have a better understanding than judges and monkeys will do a better job running the US Patent offices.

[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]nothing in that video showed pinch to zoom. it show multi touch and windows resizing by pinching but no pinch to zoom.[/citation]Around 0:42 you could see it. In this case they are using fingers from both hands, since it is a large screen and unless you have 1 foot long fingers you won't be able to cover the whole screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.