Apr 13, 2023
Hey guys,

first time posting and I really need some help.

My Samsung Odyssey G7A goes dark and then reconnects randomly under specific circumstances. The black screen doesn’t last very long and looks just like if the monitor were to lose connection for 1s. I can’t put my finger on what it is that is causing the problem but it happens the most if I work in DaVinci Resolve (when selecting a media to import for example) and when using NordVPN (when connecting for example). When using the browser the problem occurs almost never. In the beginning even playing games wasn’t really affected but recently I had some black screens there too. On top of that the issue is happening more as time goes on.

I have already bought a new DP(I am using displayport) cable and it didn’t help.

My specs:
1000 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM Modular 80+ Gold
28" (71,12cm) Samsung Odyssey G7A LS28AG700NUXEN schwarz 3840x2160 1xDisplayPort 1.4 / 2x HDMI 2.1
2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC (MZ-V7S2T0BW)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.70GHz So.AM4 WOF
MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus AMD B550 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Tower Kühler
be quiet! DARK BASE 700 bk ATX
EVGA10GB D6X RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA LHR

Most of this stuff is just over a year old.
On top of that I recently had another kind of problem occur where my screen freezes and shows a new frame every ~5s for maybe 20s after which it runs normal again (most of the time). I have looked at MSI afterburner and when those freezes happen my gpu usage aswell as power drops. It really reminds me of a problem I had with thermal throttling sometime ago but the freezes I have now are harder and can lead to a complete system crash at which point I am only able to move the mouse. This problem has only started coming up and has increased in frequency aswell.

I am hoping somebody can point me in a direction of what to do/test in order to find the problem with my system. Another option would be to reinstall windows but I feel like it’s unlikely that the problems are entirely related to that.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! :)

Ralston18

Titan
Take a look in both Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some related error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the described problems.

Reliability History is user friendly and the time line format can reveal patterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort.

To help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Clicking any given error will reveal more details. The details may or may not be helpful.

Apr 13, 2023
Take a look in both Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some related error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the described problems.

Reliability History is user friendly and the time line format can reveal patterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort.

To help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Clicking any given error will reveal more details. The details may or may not be helpful.
Thank you for the answer. Couldn't find anything useful in Reliability History aside from the dates when i had to force shut down my pc. I checked Critical and some Errors and Warnings in Event Viewer but couldn't find anything aside from event id 12 vboxnetlwf. I ran sfc /scannow which apparently repaired some currupted files and I uninstalled Cisco AnnyConnect since it popped up quite often.

Maybe you could take a look and tell me if anything catches your eye? It's basically a 3s Youtube video because I didn't know how else to share a simple screenshot :sweatsmile:

Edit: The link you posted is dead I believe.
Edit2: You probably need to put 4k if you want to be able to read anything in the video...

Ralston18

Titan
Yes: the link is dead. The Tom's site just underwent some maintenance and updates.

Other problems have occurred and are being addressed. I will keep an eye on the link to determine if it returns or has been moved.

I could not tell much from the YT link.

Noted that you ran "sfc /scannow". Try "dism" also.

As for posting an image just take a screenshot and post the screen shot via imgur (www.imgur.com).