Samsung Sells 10 Million Galaxy Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

and even though 10 million people want this phone, you still can't get one through verizon.....

[citation][nom]supergenius74[/nom]and even though 10 million people want this phone, you still can't get one through verizon.....[/citation]
VZW is first trying to modify it's bootloader, lock it down, then load it up with their bloatware. If all this fails, you'll probably never see on their network.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Well done Samsung, took a gamble and it paid off.

Crapple, take note.

Not a HUGE gamble, but one nonetheless.

G

Nice phone, samsung will sell loads, Samsung take some of the profits and fix the Samsung Controll Center software on your laptops, IT has a mind of its own, IT can not keep the WIFI on my laptop turned off! Damn! I miss the old WIFI hardware button that all laptops used to have! I am no great fan of Microsoft, but I hope that Microsoft would Brand a laptop, at least they have the software resources to make corrections to their system software! Samsung and Toshiba must have their OEM system software produced by the same third party software house! ASUS does a nicer job with their WIFI/bluetooth/WiDi software, just a simple click on a Tray icon launches a few simple icons over the desktop click once to toggle on or off, it is just that simple! And on the ASUS this truely turns off the WIFI and keeps it off until I turn it on, unlike the Samsung Controll Center software, Which is one of the last programs to boot and leaves my WIFI on until it starts up completely, and sometimes it just completly forgets that I want the WIFI off and leaves it on, I can not tell you how many times I have been in Coffee house and had my computer log on to a hotspot without my Knoledge!

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Available in stores starting today, the Galaxy Note 10.1 packs a 10.1-inch WXGA display, a 1.4GHz Exynos CPU, 2GB of RAM, up to 32GB of storage, a 5-megapixel camera in the back and a 1.9-megapixel camera up front, USB 2.0, WiFi,Bluetooth 4.0, Samsung, an S Pen Stylus, and Android 4.0.

It packs a Samsung? What's that?

[citation][nom]OEMsoftwareWTF[/nom]Nice phone, samsung will sell loads, Samsung take some of the profits and fix the Samsung Controll Center software on your laptops, IT has a mind of its own, IT can not keep the WIFI on my laptop turned off! Damn! I miss the old WIFI hardware button that all laptops used to have! I am no great fan of Microsoft, but I hope that Microsoft would Brand a laptop, at least they have the software resources to make corrections to their system software! Samsung and Toshiba must have their OEM system software produced by the same third party software house! ASUS does a nicer job with their WIFI/bluetooth/WiDi software, just a simple click on a Tray icon launches a few simple icons over the desktop click once to toggle on or off, it is just that simple! And on the ASUS this truely turns off the WIFI and keeps it off until I turn it on, unlike the Samsung Controll Center software, Which is one of the last programs to boot and leaves my WIFI on until it starts up completely, and sometimes it just completly forgets that I want the WIFI off and leaves it on, I can not tell you how many times I have been in Coffee house and had my computer log on to a hotspot without my Knoledge![/citation]
Open Network and Sharing Center> Change Adapter Settings> Right-click on the wireless network connection> Disable. You can even create a desktop shortcut to that wireless connection, so you can enable/disable it from the desktop.
There is a forum on this website (the Forum Tab) that serves people like you that need help with their systems. I have been on it for a very long time, and it's a great place to get/give advice. Try it out if you have any PC/phone/tablet/software issues, you will find answers, and it's all free.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]supergenius74[/nom]and even though 10 million people want this phone, you still can't get one through verizon.....[/citation]

There's a world outside of U.S. and Verizon network. Galaxy Note probably sold 5 millions in South Korea alone, and maybe 1 more million 1 Hong Kong.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
a galaxy note tab seems cool ... but nto at that price >_< $500-$550 is a bit much for it, knock it to $400 and $450 and it'd be a competitor. personally i just want somebody to throw out a 10+ inch tablet in the $300 range that has decent sdpeacs and expandable memory ... samsung please be this manifacturer

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
Sweet.

I am waiting for the note 2 coming. I like how android has options unlike crapple and the tiny cheap iphone that shatters from a 1 foot drop. This phone isn't for everyone but at least people have a choice to buy one.

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]oh noes Crapple still sold 10 million and 1 iphones if you add up all the iphones that were ever made![/citation]

or 243 million, but who's counting. Oh... I think you are.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... and this one is there own innovation... see samsung, you can do a successful product, thats is your own and not copy... apple haz nothing, that's is like this...

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
10 million sold? Where? Certainly wasn't the US. The only Android phones I ever see are the EVO, which I thought was nice until I watched the battery drop 20% in eight minutes of 4G usage. I have seen one note (guy went from an iPhone), one s3 (guy went from BB), one VZW 4g phone (free), and one nexus. Everyone else has the Sprint HTC or value carrier free android phone.

Is there a breakdown, or do I have to read SAMEsung court documents? I am just curious how uncompetitive Android really is compared to iPhone in the high end sector.

G

Open Network and Sharing Center> Change Adapter Settings> Right-click on the wireless network connection> Disable. You can even create a desktop shortcut to that wireless connection, so you can enable/disable it from the desktop.
There is a forum on this website (the Forum Tab) that serves people like you that need help with their systems. I have been on it for a very long time, and it's a great place to get/give advice. Try it out if you have any PC/phone/tablet/software issues, you will find answers, and it's all free.
This does not work and problems like this are happening on other laptops Bring back the hardware wifi switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.