Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H Flashing on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon12

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
My Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H keeps flashing every 5 to 10 seconds between a black screen and normal display... Power on the monitor stays on, no loss of signal from the V-Cards. I've done everything from updating the firmware on my videocards to re-installing my video drivers. The following is a description of my system:

Operating System: 32 bit Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
System MOBO Manufacturer: INTEL_DX58SO
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz OCed to 3.2GHz
Memory: 3062MB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Video Adapters: EVGA GeForce GTX460 1024MB Superclock X2 SLI

I'm currently using an HDMI cable to connect the computer to my monitor, and yes, I've changed it with no improvement...

Anyone else have this issue, is there a fix, or is this simply a faulty monitor?

Bacon12

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Neither, the power on the monitor stays on, but the screen goes black... Videocards are fine, I checked them with another monitor. I noted that if I turn the monitor off for 10 minutes or so, then turn it back on, the monitor will stop blinking for a few minutes, then goes back to alternating between a black screen and normal display.

I just bought this monitor a few days ago, it worked just fine initially... I am rapidly forming the opinion that this is just a faulty monitor. I'll take it back today and exchange it for a new one, see what happens...

Bacon12

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

If your videocard supports HDMI and you are able to install the drivers for said videocard, then yes, XP supports it... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.