Sandisk Cruzer not recognized - SOLUTION

I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that) with a
solution - at least for me.

Here is the registry edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101 and/or
VID_0000

Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.

Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the keys
(just in case).

Hope this helps!!

JustUs wrote:
> *I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that)
> with a
> solution - at least for me.
>
> Here is the registry edit:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101
> and/or
> VID_0000
>
> Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.
>
> Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the
> keys
> (just in case).
>
> Hope this helps!! *

Thanks. Your answer is the closest I've found for my problems so far.

Just an elemetary question: what do i do with the regedit after i got
in (delete the line, modify the line...?)

thanks.

--
tranomaha

FIRST - Backup your registry with Restore or other third party software.
Delete these identified keys. Restart, and reinsert your device and hope it
has worked for you. If not, there is a program on Microsoft that is great.
Even though my problem was corrected, I kind of like this program. USB Flash
Drive Manager ---
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94991901-bfc4-485e-bcae-c9df0accdaae&displaylang=en

Hope this helps!

"tranomaha" wrote:

> JustUs wrote:
> > *I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that)
> > with a
> > solution - at least for me.
> >
> > Here is the registry edit:
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101
> > and/or
> > VID_0000
> >
> > Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.
> >
> > Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the
> > keys
> > (just in case).
> >
> > Hope this helps!! *
>
> Thanks. Your answer is the closest I've found for my problems so far.
>
> Just an elemetary question: what do i do with the regedit after i got
> in (delete the line, modify the line...?)
>
> thanks.
>

> --
> tranomaha

ktarullo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Posted to SanDisk also

Device: SanDisk 4GB Cruzer Micro2 w/ Ready Boost
Software: U3

My device was working flawlessly for a month plus, then stopped being recognized by WinXP SP2.

I am extremely disappointed in the first & second line support. The resolutions offered were, that it was a Microsoft driver issue or the computer could not supply enough power to the USB port. I have concluded that the issue was caused by the uninstallation the Blackberry 4.03 software and/or the addition of two Microsoft patches that were released 1/16/08.

I solved the problem by removing three registry keys and rebooting. The following registry keys were removed:

[HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\DeviceClasses\{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}\<continued>
##?#USBSTOR#CdRom&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_U3_Cruzer_Micro&Rev_4.04#00001675C6759509&1#{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}]

< Change the permissions on the following two to allow deletion >
[HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\Vid_0781&Pid_5406]
[HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USBSTOR\CdRom&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_U3_Cruzer_Micro&Rev_4.04]

After rebooting my computer, I reconnected the Cruzer. It was recognized and available for use immediately. Wish SanDisk could offer better support at the front lines.

Ken

ktarullo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Well 17 days later the Cruzer is not recognized again. This time there were no HW changed and no SW changes. It worked on Friday, came in on Monday and it did not work.

I removed the registry keys that I mentioned above. No resolution. Will contact SanDisk again. Lots of love that will get me!!

Ken

iazlan

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
My 16GB Cruzer Edge USB Flash drive could not be detected with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I does, however, detected without hassle in a Virtual Machine, in the same Win7 64bit.

SANDEEP_26

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

I received a reply from Sandisk (after 2 weeks of try this and that) with a
solution - at least for me.

Here is the registry edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\USB\VID_0781&PID_7101 and/or
VID_0000

Reboot and insert the Cruzer. I had success with my 256 MiniCruzer.

Make sure that you have permissions to delete the keys, export the keys
(just in case).

Hope this helps!!

TRENDING THREADS