saphire nitro r9 380 crash

Jan 6, 2019
Recently put together a pc with some parts me and my friend had. I already had a pc but i thought i needed an upgrade so i bought his saphire nitro r9 380 4gb ddr5 but after installing it and using current amd drivers it would crash when i tried launching a game. Screen goes black and fans shut off then the screen comes back and the fans do too but the game crashed.
I assumed it was the psu so i also bought his CM supernova 750 bronze certified psu but the problem is still there. At this point im positive its the gpu as ive tried many drivers but its all the same. Can i get any second opinions before buying a new gpu?

Solution
Then I would have him contact warranty support for the card if it's in warranty since it would be linked to him. You can try a clean Windows setup to see if it's a software issue. If you ruled out the card as failing then it is something else in the system. I would also check for a newer BIOS and chipset for your motherboard and try the card back in his system again, or another one.
Jan 6, 2019

Before i moved it onto my computer my friend and i were running games perfectly fine on his.

Then I would have him contact warranty support for the card if it's in warranty since it would be linked to him. You can try a clean Windows setup to see if it's a software issue. If you ruled out the card as failing then it is something else in the system. I would also check for a newer BIOS and chipset for your motherboard and try the card back in his system again, or another one.

Solution