[SOLVED] SATA M2 Not Detected

egasp57

Commendable
Aug 22, 2017
So, I just bought M.2 storage (V-Gen Turbo Sata M.2) for my PC. I installed the M.2 storage on port PCIE-M2_2, I read in the manual that this port support M.2 SATA III. But I can't find the added storage on BIOS or Disk Management on Windows. My motherboard is Biostar B250GT3. Do I need to install or update something to make my new M.2 detected? How can I fix this?

sSCpc7L.png

SSD_256GB_M2_V_GeN_Turbo_M2_2280_256_GB.jpg

Solution
Open Disk management, if the drive is listed there then click on it and it should ask you to initialize it.
If it doesn't then rt click on it and select initialize.

If its not a new disk, it may already have a partition on it. You can eiter rt click & delete them (and then follow the above steps) or Rt click and change its letter assignment (even if it doesn't have one) which will allow you to access it.
Do you have any drives plugged into the sata ports on the board.

I could not find a manual for this board but a lot of times when you plug a M.2 sata drive in it disables sata ports on the board. If you have a drive plugged into a port that its trying to disable it might be causing issues.

egasp57

Commendable
Aug 22, 2017
Do you have any drives plugged into the sata ports on the board.

I could not find a manual for this board but a lot of times when you plug a M.2 sata drive in it disables sata ports on the board. If you have a drive plugged into a port that its trying to disable it might be causing issues.

I have 2 HDD connected to my motherboard. One on SATA Port 2 and 1 on SATA port 3. I did that because Port 1 is used by M.2(According to the manual)

popatim

Titan
6x SATA III (6Gb/s) : Supports AHCI
2x M.2:
PCIE-M.2 (32Gb/s) - Supports PCI-E SSD, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology & Intel® Optane Technology
PCIE-M.2 (16Gb/s) - Supports PCI-E / SATA SSD
* When using SATA SSD module on PCIE-M.2_2 slot, the SATA3_1 connector will be disabled.

Make sure your Sata3_1 port is not in use.
It probably is used since most people put their boot drive in the first sata port. Just move the drive to an empty port. Thei bios will find it and still boot from it.

egasp57

Commendable
Aug 22, 2017
Make sure your Sata3_1 port is not in use.
It probably is used since most people put their boot drive in the first sata port. Just move the drive to an empty port. Thei bios will find it and still boot from it.

I already did that and I just tried to disconnect all hdd drives from my motherboards, Sata M2 still not detected.

Oct 13, 2019
Hi, I had the same problem, installed new Silicon power m.2 ssd, shows up in bios and device manager, but not detected by windows.. After long time searching online for similar cases with no exact solution or fix, I managed to get it working by messing around in windows as follows :

Went to windows settings >> system
Then >> storage
Scroll down >> manage storage spaces
And there where i found the m.2 ssd listed with exact capacity under something called "storage pool"

I don't exactly know what is that, but, continued messing with settings

Clicked on "change settings" and option for creating a storeage space was unlocked, clicked that and created storage space selecting "Simple"

The drive was formatted and finally its working 👌🏼👌🏼

Hope this helps you...

popatim

Titan
Open Disk management, if the drive is listed there then click on it and it should ask you to initialize it.
If it doesn't then rt click on it and select initialize.

If its not a new disk, it may already have a partition on it. You can eiter rt click & delete them (and then follow the above steps) or Rt click and change its letter assignment (even if it doesn't have one) which will allow you to access it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS