Keep getting chkdsk errors on my setup, what would be causing it.
XP home fresh install saturday
Saphire 9500 Omega 4.4
Creative Audigy
2xSeagate Barracuda 5 80gig
1xSeagate Barracuda 4 60gig
Abit NF7-S

Do the SATA cables need to be same length, using one that came with mobo and
one bought when purchasing second sata hard drive.

In article <40e1a6a8_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
deadeyedic@tiscali.co.uk says...
> Keep getting chkdsk errors on my setup, what would be causing it.
> XP home fresh install saturday
> Saphire 9500 Omega 4.4
> Creative Audigy
> 2xSeagate Barracuda 5 80gig
> 1xSeagate Barracuda 4 60gig
> Abit NF7-S
>
> Do the SATA cables need to be same length, using one that came with mobo and
> one bought when purchasing second sata hard drive.

Pretty sure length is not the problem, as long as the
SATA cables are under 1 meter (think that's the limit?)
in length.

Instead, verify that you have the latest BIOS update for
your motherboard as well as making sure you have the
proper drivers for the SATA chipset.