I understand that larger than the current CDs for maximum of 700MBs are not
available.

I have a download of 945MBs which I would like to save and store outside the
PC. Is there a way of doing this?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If the 945mb is one file, there are file splitters available that will let
you spit the file so it can be burned to CDs. With the cost of DVD burners
being low, I would get a DVD burner. DVD disks will hold 4.6gb.
Good luck
"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
message news:urQD3VGtFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I understand that larger than the current CDs for maximum of 700MBs are not
>available.
>
> I have a download of 945MBs which I would like to save and store outside
> the PC. Is there a way of doing this?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:56:36 GMT, "Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com>
wrote:

>If the 945mb is one file, there are file splitters available that will let
>you spit the file so it can be burned to CDs. With the cost of DVD burners
>being low, I would get a DVD burner. DVD disks will hold 4.6gb.
>Good luck
>"annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <annonymous@fsnet.cvo.uk> wrote in
>message news:urQD3VGtFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>I understand that larger than the current CDs for maximum of 700MBs are not
>>available.
>>
>> I have a download of 945MBs which I would like to save and store outside
>> the PC. Is there a way of doing this?

You might zip the file ... it would be much smaller.