News Scalpers Strike Again, Ryzen 5000 Processors Impossible to Find In stock

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I still LOL at this post in general and all the hurt people .

Their about 8 Billion people on earth.

If 1 out of 1,000 was looking to buy the new processor then they would of had to have 8 million processors available for sell! If you even go to 1 out of 10,000 your still looking at 800,000 processors.

Where I live their about 16,000 I'm fairly sure they were 10, 15, or 20 people looking to buy one.

Last edited:

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Even in the US, I don't have anywhere within 200 miles that might have one in stock.
My local choices might be BestBuy/Walmart/Target.

You dont get it . it is the local Online stores we are talking about .

To make it simple : Online stores are accessible world wide . and this should stop.

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Don't buy from scalpers you won't get scalpers, don't get robbed by corporate you get fair prices... same story... people make computer parts like if they are essential goods when they are not along with inability of makers to do a proper job and retailers who could not care less to whom they sell this is the result.

USAFRet

Titan
You dont get it . it is the local Online stores we are talking about .

To make it simple : Online stores are accessible world wide . and this should stop.
Enter VPN.
People can appear to be from anywhere.

Given enough interest and $$, VPN providers would make this a short term selling point.

Scalpers are far more devious and have far deeper pockets than you and I.

Thomas Wells

Honorable
Mar 27, 2015
AMD should put up a sales queue based upon notify me like EVGA did for their nvidia cards. They are the manufacturer, they would have the largest quantity of chips. I'd buy direct if I was guaranteed of a slot and didn't have to fight it out with everyone.
Entire problem with that is EVGA is still on day one of their "queue system" after nearly 3 months. People need these parts now, its unfortunate that not enough were produced.

The only way to stop scalpers is simply to stop buying from them and honestly, to stop giving them attention.

At this point as well, a lot of them are likely banking on hardware being some form of "investment", hoping to sell it to the next sucker at a higher price before inevitably it crashes down once production catches up with demand.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Nov 5, 2020
Entire problem with that is EVGA is still on day one of their "queue system" after nearly 3 months. People need these parts now, its unfortunate that not enough were produced.
I agree if the stock isn’t there. But I got my evga card through the queue. It took a little over a month but I did get it and knowing that I would eventually get one makes a world of difference. In the mean time I could look elsewhere. If I got one then great. If I didn’t then I knew I eventually would.

I bought a camera lens a few months ago.
I don't particularly like it. Perfectly good, but does not fit my shooting style.

You're telling me I can't sell it?
99% sure warrenty's cover for couple months.

also was more talking on the hot tech stuff (lets face it ppl use pc's and consoles way mroe than ppl use camera lens so likely never goign to be OoS on lens)

USAFRet

Titan
99% sure warrenty's cover for couple months.

also was more talking on the hot tech stuff (lets face it ppl use pc's and consoles way mroe than ppl use camera lens so likely never goign to be OoS on lens)
Warranty has nothing to do with this.

But you're now trying to define " hot tech stuff".
I used the camera lens as just a sample. Cameras are just as "hot" as a new GPU. You're just not in that realm.
And the actual Day One market for this new GPU or CPU is a lot smaller than you might think.

Im not sure whom we should be more angry with. The scalpers or the idiots whom enable them by buying and inflated pricing.

While I think capchas should be used for purchase, even if scalpers werent in the mix, you would still have a problem getting hold of them. Lets say there are 10k scalpers and they sell everyone. If the scalpers didnt exist you would still compete with 10,000 purchasers.

Either way i think they are opportunistic bottom feeders looking to male a dishonest buck.

Last edited:

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
And if they waited until there was "enough stock", you people wouldn't see one until March 2021.

What difference does it make if I cant get one now anyways ? Just Announce it after you have enough inventory ..

Also , I think AMD could sell them in trays without boxes to speed things up ...