Scenario Properties????

Since I don't seem to be able to beat the game often enough I thought what
the hell
I'll create my own scenario so it would be more even.
The first crack out of the box the "Scenario Properties" window/box is too
large
for my screen so as my not being able to see the bottom of the window/box.
Anyone have any ideas how to get it smaller? My video is 1024X768 32 bit
but the "Scenario Properties" window/box seems to be running at 640X380?
Adjustments that I find inside the scenario editor seem to have to affect
on this one window/box.
Xeno

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:08:43 GMT, "Xeno Chauvin"
<arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote:

>Since I don't seem to be able to beat the game often enough I thought what
>the hell
>I'll create my own scenario so it would be more even.
>The first crack out of the box the "Scenario Properties" window/box is too
>large
>for my screen so as my not being able to see the bottom of the window/box.
>Anyone have any ideas how to get it smaller? My video is 1024X768 32 bit
>but the "Scenario Properties" window/box seems to be running at 640X380?
>Adjustments that I find inside the scenario editor seem to have to affect
>on this one window/box.
>Xeno

The editor doesn't adjust itself to your current resolution. I don't
recall what it is supposed to be set at but you probably need a
higher resolution so you can see everything. I have had to change
mine during editing and then chang it back after.

What version of Civ are you trying to edit?
On my C3C editor, I have to hide my Windows taskbar or I won't be able to
use the OK & Cancel buttons in the Edit rules window. I haven't seen
anywhere to change the box sizes. I think they made the boxes to just
barely fit on a 1024x768 with the taskbar hidden. That's the video mode I'm
in, but I haven't had any problems with the Scenario Properites window...

Oh, by the way, the easiest way to adjust the game would be to pick one civ
such as the Egyptians and modify only their unique unit the War Chariot.
Give it more attack and defense values. You would be surprised at what that
little bit can do, especially in war....

"Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Since I don't seem to be able to beat the game often enough I thought what
> the hell
> I'll create my own scenario so it would be more even.
> The first crack out of the box the "Scenario Properties" window/box is too
> large
> for my screen so as my not being able to see the bottom of the window/box.
> Anyone have any ideas how to get it smaller? My video is 1024X768 32 bit
> but the "Scenario Properties" window/box seems to be running at 640X380?
> Adjustments that I find inside the scenario editor seem to have to affect
> on this one window/box.
> Xeno

"Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Since I don't seem to be able to beat the game often enough I thought what
> the hell
> I'll create my own scenario so it would be more even.
> The first crack out of the box the "Scenario Properties" window/box is too
> large
> for my screen so as my not being able to see the bottom of the window/box.
> Anyone have any ideas how to get it smaller? My video is 1024X768 32 bit
> but the "Scenario Properties" window/box seems to be running at 640X380?
> Adjustments that I find inside the scenario editor seem to have to affect
> on this one window/box.
> Xeno

I find the size of the box difficult as well.

Anyway, what I did when I was having too much trouble was take one
civilization, and give them an extra advantage. Eg. make the Americans
Scientific, Religious and Industrious.

Boosting the Unique Unit is very fun, but only effective if you play as a
civilization that gets an early UU.

"P12" <nomail@all.com> wrote in message
> The editor doesn't adjust itself to your current resolution. I don't
> recall what it is supposed to be set at but you probably need a
> higher resolution so you can see everything. I have had to change
> mine during editing and then chang it back after.

Took my monitor to it's max and I can see "more" of the box/window
but can only see the tops of the choice buttons.
Guess I'll have to wait 'till I get a monitor that goes beyond 1280X1020.
Xeno

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:08:43 GMT, "Xeno Chauvin"
<arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote:

>Since I don't seem to be able to beat the game often enough I thought what
>the hell
>I'll create my own scenario so it would be more even.
>The first crack out of the box the "Scenario Properties" window/box is too
>large
>for my screen so as my not being able to see the bottom of the window/box.
>Anyone have any ideas how to get it smaller? My video is 1024X768 32 bit
>but the "Scenario Properties" window/box seems to be running at 640X380?
>Adjustments that I find inside the scenario editor seem to have to affect
>on this one window/box.

Change your desktop theme settings. My guess is that the font
size/menu size is larger than what the program expects, and it is a
fixed-size window (1024x768 minimum, but with Windows standard font
sizes). Pick one of the standard Windows themes, see if that gets the
box size to something visible.

An alternative, if your video display supports it, is a virtual
desktop which is larger than the display size your monitor can handle.
But since the window size does work on many other systems, my guess is
that it is your font/display settings which is the problem.