Question Screen turns off when I exit games but pc keeps running

Mar 21, 2019
As the title says, the screen will turn off when i'll exit a game, does'nt matter which game.
I can play GTA V for hours, running smoothly with 60fps, its only when i'll quit to main menu or exit entirely to desktop is when the screen will shut off. The fans, keyboard and mouse will keep working, only thing I can do is turn off pc manualy.

list of things I tried to do so far:
  • run CCcleaner
  • run Malwarebytes
  • cleaned the pc with compressed air can
  • uninstalled and re-installed the gpu driver
  • run windows memory diagnostic check
  • checked GPU voltage, maxed at ~110W, idle at ~15W

The GPU temps are ~70 max, ~40 idle. The CPU temps are ~50 max, ~30 idle.
Specs:
  • Intel core i7- 6700K 3.4ghz
  • Gainward Geforce GTX970
  • Antec VP600P 600W power supply
  • MSI Z170A GAMING M5 motherboard
  • HyperX 2x8GB RAM

Hoenstly, at this point, I'd prefer finding out the problematic component and replace it rather than starting tweeking with things I don't fully understand.
Does it sound like a GPU problem, PSU problem or something else entirely?

Please respond, I appreciate the help!!

I think this is stranger than most problems.
I don't think it's a PSU problem.
I know this might sound a little out there....but I would try a different monitor.
Perhaps there is some sort of voltage spike upon exiting the game that puts the monitor into some sort of protective mode.
You have already done what would have been my first suggestions.

Mar 21, 2019
I think this is stranger than most problems.
I don't think it's a PSU problem.
I know this might sound a little out there....but I would try a different monitor.
Perhaps there is some sort of voltage spike upon exiting the game that puts the monitor into some sort of protective mode.
You have already done what would have been my first suggestions.
I was really hoping you are right and it was that simple, but unfortunately after I changed to my LG tv screen with HDMI and played for a few mintues, the screen got disconnected after exiting to desktop.
I saw the desktop for a second before the signal was lost.

I really cant grasp the cause for this, the games run fine! it's like the pc cant handle with closing the games for some reason so it disconnects the screen.

Mar 21, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/AMXexab

A small update, I found a guy that said he had a similar problem and he solved it by changing some settings in the msi afterburner app (see in the picture above).
He basically downgraded the pc by providing less power to it, and I gave it a try.
I ran a high-end game with those settings, and also changed the in-game video settings to the lowest.
The problem still occured, after several minutes of gaming the screen turned off while the pc kept running.

Does this new information provides any lead? what else should I try doing in order to find the cause for this crash?