SCSI... HELP ME!!!

G

I have an intel p233, 64mb pc100 SDRam, 2.1gb ide hd, s3 savage4, asus txp4 m/b(current bios), win98 computer. I recently acquired a Future Domain TMC-1608 SCSI host controller card and an IBM DORS-32160 hard drive. I've already configured the scsi card and the m/b bios for the irq settings and all. However, during bootup, the system doesn't detect the scsi card and the hd. I've been able to install it in win98 though and a check at the system (control panel) shows the devices are working properly without any resource conflicts. However, I can't see nor access the drive in Windows explorer and DOS... neither can I see it in fdisk. I don't know what the problem is! Could it be motherboard related? Do I need a special software to access/view a scsi hd? Please, for the love of God, HELP ME!!! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

-if it's any consolation, there is San Miguel Beer anywhere in the world ^_^

G

I guess no one knows how to help me? It's really frustrating since I'm a newbie with SCSI and related devices...

-I may be slow, but I'll get there...

G

i've already posted the same question with IBM but didn't get an answer. they must be as stumped as i am ^_^. after installing powerSCSI, the SCSI card's bios already shows up at boot but i still can't access the hdd. everything seems fine when i check the system inside control panel but it just doesn't show up in windows explorer nor in DOS. i suspect the hdd could be defective; otherwise, i have no idea. oh well, thanks for the help guys, i'm much obliged.

-I may be slow, but I'll get there...

G

The thing that stumps me is that you said you can't see it in fdisk. Windows won't see it until it has been partitioned and marked as a recognizable file system, which you haven't done yet. Even after it has been partitioned, you have to format it before you can do anything with it.

I seem to remember when I ran fdisk recently, it only found my first hard disk, which I was surprised by. (All my disks are SCSI.) But after examining fdisk further, I see somthing I didn't see before. Did you try option 5 which allows you to change the current fixed disk drive? Maybe you'll see more than C: then.

Good luck.

--dv

<font color=purple><b><i>--Insert witty saying or aphorism here--</i></b></font color=purple>

TRENDING THREADS