[SOLVED] SD card corrupted as Internal storage

pejman9977

Commendable
Aug 7, 2018
Hello guys , I have problem with setting SD card as Internal storage , when I set my SD Card as internal storage after 4-5 days it start to delete apps gradually and after that they when I turn on and turn off my phone it says: SD card corrupted, I can reformat it but after 4-5 It happened again . NOTE: I don't have any problem with formatting SD card as External storage and nothing bad happened. my phone: Nokia 5 Android 9

Solution
Setting sd card as the internal storage was the biggest mistake I ever did.

It was a terrible idea.

What it does is it combines the internal and external storage and shows them combined under the name Shared internal storage.

Also, the contents of the internal storage are first copied into the sd card which only makes things worse.

Itc changes the time stamps and messes up the order of your data.

You never know where the data new data is actually being written.

I would recommend to take the sd card out and plug it into your PC and then format it, if you are not able to do it on phone.

You data will be lost obviously, so may be copy somewhere if there's anything important.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Setting sd card as the internal storage was the biggest mistake I ever did.

It was a terrible idea.

What it does is it combines the internal and external storage and shows them combined under the name Shared internal storage.

Also, the contents of the internal storage are first copied into the sd card which only makes things worse.

Itc changes the time stamps and messes up the order of your data.

You never know where the data new data is actually being written.

I would recommend to take the sd card out and plug it into your PC and then format it, if you are not able to do it on phone.

You data will be lost obviously, so may be copy somewhere if there's anything important.

Solution