Seagate Hits Milestone with 2 Billionth Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]article[/nom]
Seagate has announced that it has built its two-billionth hard drive. Seagate was founded in 1979; it took 29 years for them to ship their first hard drive. [/citation]

Am I to assume that this actually meant there to be a "billionth" between "first" and "hard drive"?

c'mon, at least do something like give away 1,000 3TB harddrives or something lol

on the other hand, gratz seagate. I've seen some really solid drives from you this past couple of years

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]i dont know what you guys are crapping about seagate but they have never failed me once. kudos to seagate for offering drives at great prices[/citation]

We did have problems with the Seagate HDD's and preferred WD. But over the last few years they have been great.

I think it was mainly the externals we had problems with, so not really sure if they were just more drone to damage from movement.

sarvok

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]i dont know what you guys are crapping about seagate but they have never failed me once. kudos to seagate for offering drives at great prices[/citation]

Yeah same, I can't really comment on their newer drives but I've always found their drives to work great for me. In fact my main computer is still using my 11-12 year old 80 GB Barracuda IV drive, haven't had any problems with it despite every day use.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Am I to assume that this actually meant there to be a "billionth" between "first" and "hard drive"?[/citation]

No, they just had a really bad courier! :p

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Kind of funny how they have sold so many drives and have record breaking quarters even after during the flooding in their outsourced HDD factories in Thailand. Who cares... these traditional mechanical drive makers are being phased out by SSDs and are being far too slow at shifting their tech. Samsung saw the writing on the wall and sold off their mechanical HDD division a long time ago and shifted to SSDs.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
I bought a retail Seagate drive a few years ago for the 5 year warranty. It broke after 2.5 years. I called Seagate and the guy told me the serial number came back as "OEM" and he could not honor the warranty. I told him I still had the retail box and the sticker on the box matched the serial number of the drive. He told me either someone forged it or I forged it. I will never ever buy another Seagate product after that kind of treatment.

I have never had an issue with WD customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS