Question Second Display Port Monitor Not Detectable

Jul 8, 2019
Hi all,

I have 2 Acer XR341CK monitors connected to a desktop PC with an ATI Raedon R9 390 GPU.

I've always just connected one of the monitors as I hadn't had the space in my old office. I came to connect the second through daisy chaining but it isn't receiving a signal. I did this by taking the DP cable from the GPU and into the DP In port on the 1st monitor, taking a second DP cable from the 1st monitor's DP Out port and into the 2nd monitors DP In port. So far I've:
  1. Tried both monitors, one at a time into the same (and other) DP sockets on the GPU - both monitors work fine when just the one's connected.
  2. Tried both monitors into different sockets at the same time - only one monitor would be detected.
  3. Switched cables
  4. Tried changing the DP Format on the 2nd Monitor to 1.1 as I read that it was sometimes needed to terminate the chain.
  5. Updated GPU drivers and tried the above again.

Nothing has changed the "No Signal" message, interestingly though- when I boot the PC up and it gets the the MB bios option screen the image is displayed on both screens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jul 8, 2019
Hi,

Thanks so much for the tip, window - p didn't help directly however, when i plugged them both in as described in the thread the second monitor sounded like it was being detected as a new device and then disconnecting repeatedly every 10 seconds. I scrolled to the bottom of the display menu, waited for it to detect then choose "extend these displays" from the drop down under multiple displays before it had chance to disconnect. Now I've done that it's also auto detected the daisy chain set up when i tested it! o_O

I have no idea why this has worked, i'm just grateful it has!

Thanks for the help mate (y)