[SOLVED] Second monitor won't detect after new PSU install

KaliAryanna

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
I had to replace my PSU twice in the last few weeks. My original PSU (EVGA Supernova NEX 650G) died completely, I replaced it (Thermaltake BX1 550W), everything worked exactly as it did before. The fan bearings started being incredibly noisy on the replacement unit after about two weeks, so I replaced my PSU again today (EVGA 80plus 600W).

Both monitors were working fine when I shut my PC off last night, I installed the new PSU, and now only one output on my GTX 970 seems to be working.

Both cables and monitors work. They're both plugged into the DVI-D ports on the GPU. If I swap the plugs over, the other monitor will work, just not both at the same time. My drivers are up to date. I have tried reinstalling with and without the Nvidia Geforce Experience. When I try to update them, it gets to a certain point and my PC shuts off. I can hear my hard drive shut off, but the CPU fans keep running until I hit the power button. When I restart, everything seems to work fine, but the second monitor still doesn't connect.

Any ideas?