Seemingly random latency spikes while gaming [Windows 10]

Aug 29, 2018
(Didn't see wireless networking board, please move!)

So, I've just bought CoD: BO II for PC and I'm having really bad connection issues which completely ruin any attempt to play. It's causing rubber banding and sometimes disconnects me entirely. I'm using a recently built gaming machine with two wireless adapters, one is USB, the other is PCI both from TP-LINK with the latest drivers installed (Tried both separately)

As far as the utility software is concerned the signal is excellent and rarely drops below good. I went and ran ping google.com -n 9000 while playing a game and it would appear that latency spikes occur both in CMD and ingame, so it shouldn't be an issue with CoD. There are no reported connectivity issues with the ISP. All that being said does anybody have any suggestions? I've disabled cortana, a bunch of services, and disabled some stuff in the update settings.

The only process using the adapter is CoD when the spikes occur, could another piece of hardware need updating? Is there more advanced settings on Win10 that can be modified? I've messed with the adapter settings in device manager too.

Tomahawk B450 motherboard (Gaming mode enabled)
TP-LINK Archer T9UH USB Adapter
TP-LINK PCI Adapter

Solution
Could you try from another computer or try from a hard wired PC.
Sometimes it doesn't have anything thing to do with your PC and it could be a faulty device from your ISP.