Self Sims

How many of you have created yourself as a sim and had it come out looking
just like you or someone you know?

I created a sim that looked just like me. I mean it was spooky. It cracked
me up to take it through the ages from toddler to elder. I didn't put it
into my game yet. It might send me right over the edge if I did.

But I also created one that is a dead ringer for my ex-husband, Terry. I
named him Terrance Doofus and made him a romance sim with no nice points who
is a real slob. On days when I need a lift I play him. It's great to watch
him try to come on to some woman sim that he's just pissed off in some
fashion. Needless to say, his aspiration bar remains in the red. He has no
body points at all and got into a shouting match with one gal who attacked
him and laid him out. When he came flying out of the fight cloud, he
literally bounced. I loved it. He's died several different ways already.
Once he got fried by the trash compactor and I laughed so hard I spewed
coffee all over the monitor and had to stop to fetch paper towels.

Then my current husband wanted in on the fun so we created one that looks
like his ex-wife. He named her Cindy Slattern, another romance Sim with a
bitter personality. He doesn't play the game but enjoys sitting with me
when I play, especially if we play the Slattern house. He really enjoyed
watching John Burb come over and slap the snot out of her for spying on him
with the telescope.

Jeanie

Mary

> How many of you have created yourself as a sim and had it come out looking
> just like you or someone you know?
>
> I created a sim that looked just like me. I mean it was spooky. It
> cracked
> me up to take it through the ages from toddler to elder. I didn't put it
> into my game yet. It might send me right over the edge if I did.
>
> But I also created one that is a dead ringer for my ex-husband, Terry. I
> named him Terrance Doofus and made him a romance sim with no nice points
> who
> is a real slob. On days when I need a lift I play him. It's great to
> watch
> him try to come on to some woman sim that he's just pissed off in some
> fashion. Needless to say, his aspiration bar remains in the red. He has
> no
> body points at all and got into a shouting match with one gal who attacked
> him and laid him out. When he came flying out of the fight cloud, he
> literally bounced. I loved it. He's died several different ways already.
> Once he got fried by the trash compactor and I laughed so hard I spewed
> coffee all over the monitor and had to stop to fetch paper towels.
>
> Then my current husband wanted in on the fun so we created one that looks
> like his ex-wife. He named her Cindy Slattern, another romance Sim with a
> bitter personality. He doesn't play the game but enjoys sitting with me
> when I play, especially if we play the Slattern house. He really enjoyed
> watching John Burb come over and slap the snot out of her for spying on
> him
> with the telescope.
>
> Jeanie

I had a Sim that, when it aged to child, looked just like me. It was
spooky. I kept doing a double-take thinking somebody caused it.

I have one that everyone swears looks just like me. I did it on purpose. In
TS1 I had Face Factory, so I was in that one too.

"Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> How many of you have created yourself as a sim and had it come out
>> looking
>> just like you or someone you know?
>>
>> I created a sim that looked just like me. I mean it was spooky. It
>> cracked
>> me up to take it through the ages from toddler to elder. I didn't put it
>> into my game yet. It might send me right over the edge if I did.
>>
>> But I also created one that is a dead ringer for my ex-husband, Terry. I
>> named him Terrance Doofus and made him a romance sim with no nice points
>> who
>> is a real slob. On days when I need a lift I play him. It's great to
>> watch
>> him try to come on to some woman sim that he's just pissed off in some
>> fashion. Needless to say, his aspiration bar remains in the red. He has
>> no
>> body points at all and got into a shouting match with one gal who
>> attacked
>> him and laid him out. When he came flying out of the fight cloud, he
>> literally bounced. I loved it. He's died several different ways
>> already.
>> Once he got fried by the trash compactor and I laughed so hard I spewed
>> coffee all over the monitor and had to stop to fetch paper towels.
>>
>> Then my current husband wanted in on the fun so we created one that looks
>> like his ex-wife. He named her Cindy Slattern, another romance Sim with
>> bitter personality. He doesn't play the game but enjoys sitting with me
>> when I play, especially if we play the Slattern house. He really enjoyed
>> watching John Burb come over and slap the snot out of her for spying on
>> him
>> with the telescope.
>>
>> Jeanie
>>
> I had a Sim that, when it aged to child, looked just like me. It was
> spooky. I kept doing a double-take thinking somebody caused it.

OK - try this - get the sim up in Bodyshop or Create a Sim and then press
the change gender button. If that doesn't freak you out, nothing will.

Best wishes
Maxon

Giganews wrote:
> I have one that everyone swears looks just like me. I did it on
> purpose. In TS1 I had Face Factory, so I was in that one too.

Yes, in Sims1 I used photographs of all of my family to make sims from, even
our grandkids. It was great fun and gave my grandkids something to do when
they spent the weekend here, playing themselves in the Sims. It even gave
ME something to enjoy, having a George Clooney sim live next door to the
Jeanie and Frank family. LOL

After I installed Sims2, my daughter and her boyfriend created sims that
resemble them and wanted to put themselves in houses next door to each other
and see if they could get married and have kids. It's fun. But I quickly
decided not to do too much of that in this game, since these sims are going
to die eventually. It would just be too much for me to take, I think. And
I want this game to remain fun. Don't want to get all melacholy because one
of my kids died in a game. :-(

Jeanie

> OK - try this - get the sim up in Bodyshop or Create a Sim and then press
> the change gender button. If that doesn't freak you out, nothing will.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> LOL
Tried that once

Julia

Maxon wrote:
> OK - try this - get the sim up in Bodyshop or Create a Sim and then
> press the change gender button. If that doesn't freak you out,
> nothing will.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Oh my! I wasn't aware we could do that! I'll have to go check that out.

One thing I discovered about the Terrance Doofus sim that startled me. I
created him as an adult to look exactly like he looks in real life. Pudgy
stubble covered cheeks, receding double chin, small eyes and glasses, beer
gut. The only sim in Pleasantville that he ever scored with (ok, I cheated,
I admit -- that voodoo bottle comes in handy sometimes) was Brandi Broke. I
wanted her to have a kid with a little different DNA than the others. Boy,
that was the ugliest child I have ever seen! Wasn't too awfully bad as a
toddler, but when he grew into a child his entire head was warped! No chin
at all, huge cheeks that just turned into a neck, little beady eyes. Yuck!
He was a homely teenager, too, but once he made it to adulthood, I was able
to add the stubble and the glasses and he looks a lot like his "father".
Makes me shudder to think of what my own children would have looked like,
had I had any by the RL Terry! ROFL!

Jeanie

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

> How many of you have created yourself as a sim and had it come out looking
> just like you or someone you know?
>
> I created a sim that looked just like me. I mean it was spooky. It
cracked
> me up to take it through the ages from toddler to elder. I didn't put it
> into my game yet. It might send me right over the edge if I did.
>
> But I also created one that is a dead ringer for my ex-husband, Terry. I
> named him Terrance Doofus and made him a romance sim with no nice points
who
> is a real slob. On days when I need a lift I play him. It's great to
watch
> him try to come on to some woman sim that he's just pissed off in some
> fashion. Needless to say, his aspiration bar remains in the red. He has
no
> body points at all and got into a shouting match with one gal who attacked
> him and laid him out. When he came flying out of the fight cloud, he
> literally bounced. I loved it. He's died several different ways already.
> Once he got fried by the trash compactor and I laughed so hard I spewed
> coffee all over the monitor and had to stop to fetch paper towels.
>
> Then my current husband wanted in on the fun so we created one that looks
> like his ex-wife. He named her Cindy Slattern, another romance Sim with a
> bitter personality. He doesn't play the game but enjoys sitting with me
> when I play, especially if we play the Slattern house. He really enjoyed
> watching John Burb come over and slap the snot out of her for spying on
him
> with the telescope.
>
> Jeanie

LOL! My ex is in my game too! His name is Dick Doomed, and he lives on an
island lot - a square of land in the center of a pool. He has a chair, a
table, and a refrigerator on the lot, but nothing else. Poor thing, his
pool ladder keeps disappearing... Visitors come to welcome him to the
neighborhood, but all they can do is stand around on the sidewalk, as he
frantically waves from his island prison.

--Poppy

> LOL! My ex is in my game too! His name is Dick Doomed, and he lives
> on an island lot - a square of land in the center of a pool. He has
> a chair, a table, and a refrigerator on the lot, but nothing else.
> Poor thing, his pool ladder keeps disappearing... Visitors come to
> welcome him to the neighborhood, but all they can do is stand around
> on the sidewalk, as he frantically waves from his island prison.
>
> --Poppy

Care to put him in a cage?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45570&highlight=cage

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:
> How many of you have created yourself as a sim and had it come out
looking
> just like you or someone you know?

I've had a couple of guys with derivations of my own name who I've
created and due to my vanity, among other things, have never come out
looking too much like me. It's either making my face too round and
fat, or making my face too gaunt and angular. I don't really worry
about it though.

What are weirder are the few sims who I've created as toddlers or had
born in my game who grow up looking frighteningly similar to people I
know. I have four sims like this in my game.

Nowadays my kids seem to fall into two groups, clones (those who look
*exactly* like an older sibling) or frightful failed genetic
experiments. The most recent of the latter category looks like his
face was made out of a rubbery material and a horse had just stepped on
it. But I've had a couple sleestaks and some with really bizarre
looking eyes-nose combinations. Oddly enough however, one of my
ugliest sims fathers some of the better looking children in the game.
There's usually only one feature, a nose, eyes, etc, that betray that
child's hideous parentage. Must be his wife.

> But I also created one that is a dead ringer for my ex-husband, Terry. I
> named him Terrance Doofus and made him a romance sim with no nice points
who
> is a real slob. On days when I need a lift I play him. It's great to
watch
> him try to come on to some woman sim that he's just pissed off in some
> fashion. Needless to say, his aspiration bar remains in the red. He has
no
> body points at all and got into a shouting match with one gal who attacked
> him and laid him out. When he came flying out of the fight cloud, he
> literally bounced. I loved it. He's died several different ways already.
> Once he got fried by the trash compactor and I laughed so hard I spewed
> coffee all over the monitor and had to stop to fetch paper towels.
>
> Then my current husband wanted in on the fun so we created one that looks
> like his ex-wife. He named her Cindy Slattern, another romance Sim with a
> bitter personality. He doesn't play the game but enjoys sitting with me
> when I play, especially if we play the Slattern house. He really enjoyed
> watching John Burb come over and slap the snot out of her for spying on
him
> with the telescope.
>
> Jeanie

We have a whole new concept here that just might lower the crime rate:
virtual revenge!

Thip wrote:

> We have a whole new concept here that just might lower the crime rate:
> virtual revenge!

I liked Sims 1 for this. Name a bunch of people in one household of
people I don't like much, and wall them up with one comfy chair and a
fridge. When they were all tired and cranky, I installed a tiny pool.

-georg

Charles Whitney wrote:

> What are weirder are the few sims who I've created as toddlers
> or had
> born in my game who grow up looking frighteningly similar to
> people I
> know. I have four sims like this in my game.

Lately someone passed me on the streets who looked JUST like Kent
of University. I couldn't stop laughing.

T.

> How many of you have created yourself as a sim and had it come out looking
> just like you or someone you know?

I love it when people post their sim-selves to the exchange at TS2.com. I
usually download them, but even if I don't, I always rate them high just for
putting themselves out there. It makes more interesting sims than the
Barbies and Kens that alot of people like playing dressup with. I read on
the exchange that someone has a whole neighborhood of self-portrait sims.
That would be funny, but I can never remember with certainty who's who when
I'm looking at the stable of sims in CAS window...

I haven't had the guts to try making myself. I think my avatar on TS2.com
looks a lot like me. My avatar hasn't done anything funny or interesting
though.
That's just my opinion.
Cheers,
~Allsmoky