[SOLVED] Serious Crisis!! What monitor for gaming?!

Apr 29, 2019
I am in a pickle!! Please save me. I am looking into buying a new monitor budget is $450 but I am having a tough time deciding on one just for gaming or other things I also run a business and do a lot of web browsing etc.

Rig
Ryzen 5 3600
AMD Radeon 5700
32GB G skill trident Z

First option is the
MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34" - Looks like a great monitor I really love the size I know 34" isnt best for gaming but really I dont play much besides Overwatch and Hearthstone and mostly Hearthstone... I play some single player games too I feel would look good on this screen. I have this thing where I want it this big and curved for aesthetic purposes.. $400

Other option is

Alienware AW2518H - I think this is a beautiful monitor and perfect size for gaming and would probably give me the most bang for my buck wise at $299

Other option

Any recommendations you have would be more than welcome.

Games I play usually to give you an idea
Overwatch
Hearthstone
Heroes of the Storm
World of Warcraft
Diablo 3
Resident Evil 7
Rocket League
Doom
Dead Space
Skyrim
Limbo
Geometry wars

Solution
No, the 5700 really ISN'T a very good 1440p display if you are looking for very high or ultra settings. Minimum/low 1% FPS are mostly below 60FPS for most games. And add in the Ultrawide factor makes it much worse.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9226/msi-radeon-rx-5700-gaming-review/index7.html

On a standard 1440p, if you're willing to move a few sliders to the left, then yes, it could do very well. At ultra, and of course it GREATLY depends on the difficulty of the specific games you tend to play, it falls a bit below the acceptable threshold. But you are right, on a large monitor, anything more than 27", then a 1080p resolution pretty much looks lousy.

This is the monitor I would MOST recommend. It's a 32" LG display, and...
You're all over the board on this. One of those is an ultrawide that is 3440x1440 and is curved. The other is not an ultrawide, is flat and is only a 1080p display.

You'll never push a 1440p ultrawide well enough to have all of the eye candy and still maintain a decently high FPS margin, and the other one is probably overpriced for a 1080p 25" display.

Are you in the US? Are you specifically wanting a particular resolution? Are you more interested in eye candy or high frame rates?

Apr 29, 2019
I know i am lol

1. want a huge display
  2. but also want whats best for gaming
  3. 1440 or 1080 i only went 1440 because its 34" and didnt want it to look like junk

yes in the US. LOL cant push a 34" ultrawide @ 1440p? how not? lol the 5700 is better than my other rig with a gtx 1070 and that will do it easily.

No, the 5700 really ISN'T a very good 1440p display if you are looking for very high or ultra settings. Minimum/low 1% FPS are mostly below 60FPS for most games. And add in the Ultrawide factor makes it much worse.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9226/msi-radeon-rx-5700-gaming-review/index7.html

On a standard 1440p, if you're willing to move a few sliders to the left, then yes, it could do very well. At ultra, and of course it GREATLY depends on the difficulty of the specific games you tend to play, it falls a bit below the acceptable threshold. But you are right, on a large monitor, anything more than 27", then a 1080p resolution pretty much looks lousy.

This is the monitor I would MOST recommend. It's a 32" LG display, and if you know much about LG you know they make some of the best displays in the industry. It is 1440p. It has a 144hz refresh rate. It is Freesync. It has a 5ms GTG response time but it has 1ms motion blur reduction response time. It is a VA panel, not TN, so color uniformity and accuracy are MUCH higher than practically any TN panels. If there was a better choice for a 1440p display under 500 dollars, and believe me, I researched this for several weeks, I would have bought THAT instead of THIS.

I know of several other people with this monitor and they are all vocal about the exceptional quality and features of this display.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $319.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-29 22:25 EDT-0400

The reviews are also, quite excellent.

Techspot review

Rtings review

Solution