[SOLVED] Server/old laptop

Sep 29, 2021
I have an old laptop, on which I replaced the OS with ubuntu server. So my friend asked me if I could make a minecraft server with that, and I said yes. How exactly do I turn this old laptop/server into a minecraft server? BTW, it has 8 gb ram, 600 gb storage, and a quad core intel 4th gen processor. And amd radeon graphics.

Solution
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to download the jar file from the web? How do you do that on ubuntu server? And you need to move files around and rename them. I'm not very smart, and I have no idea how to do that on ubuntu server. It's just command lines.
You can run a minecraft server on a Windows box.

But if you're going to do it on Linux - Ubuntu...you need a LOT of learning before you begin to host a server.

USAFRet

Titan
Sep 29, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to download the jar file from the web? How do you do that on ubuntu server? And you need to move files around and rename them. I'm not very smart, and I have no idea how to do that on ubuntu server. It's just command lines.

USAFRet

Titan
You can run a minecraft server on a Windows box.

But if you're going to do it on Linux - Ubuntu...you need a LOT of learning before you begin to host a server.

Solution