KK

I received the free disk for SP2 this morning, but having read the warnings
& recommendations on the sp2install website, then having read the warnings &
recommendations on the PC manufacturers (HP/Compaq) website (which requires
me to download several MB of driver updates first), optimise the system,
delete temporary files, check for spyware, etc etc etc I wonder if it's
really worth it? I use my PC to do work, not to spend hours reconfiguring
all my programs.

KK

Hi

The following articles are very useful for SP2 pre-installation:

"Introduction to Windows XP Service Pack 2" - by Barb Bowman
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/bowman_introtosp2.mspx

"What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User