Setup Compartible with GTX 1070Ti?

Nov 12, 2018
Hello there,

I want to upgrade my PC from a Geforce GTX 770 to a GTX 1070Ti. But I have two questions.

1.) Is my current setup compartible with the new graphics card? Like does the case have enough space and are the CPU, power supply and motherboard compartible.

2.) If so, would it make sense also to upgrade the CPU and Motherboard so they don't become (a massive) new bottle neck.

My setup is:
Case: Zalman Z3 Midi-Tower
Burner: LG GH24NS bare
Motherboard: Gigabyte H87-HD3
Graphics Card: Gainward GeForce GTX 770
RAM: 8GB-Kit Team Group Vulcan Series Red (I have additional 16 GB, but don't know the product anymore, so total 24 GB RAM)
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Bx
Drive: WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's
Coolers: be quiet! PURE POWER L8 500W
RAIJINTEK Aidos Heatpipe CPU-Kühler

I appreciate every answer as I'm quite a newby to PCs.

Thanks

Solution
Hi,

it would be good to know which exact card model (founders edition, gaming x, strix etc) you have cause the different brands and their coolers vary in size.
Anyway, the Zalman Z3 offers up to 36cm max GPU length, so every air-cooled 1070ti should fit perfectly.
You're also fine with the pci-e psu-cables cause (most of the) 1070ti's use a 8pin connector.

I don't see any other bottleneck here, cpu and psu are fine enough, so no need to upgrade ^^

You may consider getting a SSD in the near future.

Green light from me.
Cheers

Twin-Frozr-1212mV

Honorable
May 19, 2017
Hi,

it would be good to know which exact card model (founders edition, gaming x, strix etc) you have cause the different brands and their coolers vary in size.
Anyway, the Zalman Z3 offers up to 36cm max GPU length, so every air-cooled 1070ti should fit perfectly.
You're also fine with the pci-e psu-cables cause (most of the) 1070ti's use a 8pin connector.

I don't see any other bottleneck here, cpu and psu are fine enough, so no need to upgrade ^^

You may consider getting a SSD in the near future.

Green light from me.
Cheers

Solution
Nov 12, 2018

My graphics card would be the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G (8GB, High End). But as it has a length of 27.9 cm it would fit perfectly. Thank you very much for your help.

Nov 12, 2018

Yes I think the new ones are faster, didn't know that it was better to remove the old ones.

Thank you very much

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
Yes if one kit is slower than the other your pc will run the faster kit at the slower speed. And you most likely will never need over 16gb of ram. Also make sure you enable XMP in the bios when you install the new kit!