[SOLVED] Severe and constant windows boot issues, missing winload.efi

tristan.barefoot

Reputable
Jun 26, 2018
I have had my PC for a little over a year and a half. I have replaced almost everything in it to try and alleviate issues with performance and windows not working. A consistent issue is crucial system32 files corrupting or being deleted. I am facing a missing winload.efi file, and my ssd I have windows installed on is not showing up in diskpart, even when I get a command prompt from the drive after failing to boot into windows.

What is going on? When I attempt an automatic startup repair with a flashdrive of the windows media tool, it simply says that the problem couldn't be fixed. The windows boot manager option for boot options in the BIOS randomly appears and disappears when I turn my pc on, leading to me having to start and restart it multiple times just to get the boot manager option to show up. On times when it is missing, the spot where it should be is just completely blank. Is this a drive issue or am I doing something wrong in windows that is causing issues outside of it?

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 version information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism" via the Command Prompt to fix Windows problems.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers. Replace the CMOS battery.

If the problems continue, look in Reliability History. Windows may be capturing some relevant errors.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 version information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism" via the Command Prompt to fix Windows problems.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers. Replace the CMOS battery.

If the problems continue, look in Reliability History. Windows may be capturing some relevant errors.

Solution