Question Short horizontal black line - AOC g2460pg

Jul 15, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/Q7gccbj
- Could anyone tell me what this looks like, I know it may look like dead pixels but it seems strange to happen as soon as I've put the monitor on an arm. Could it be the arm's not supporting the monitor enough and it's damaged the monitor?

I put my cursor over it on the second image so it could be seen clearer. It's very small at the moment but I see a white line around it?

Looks like some physical damage in that area, to me it looks like a screw was too long and pushed into the screen from the other side. Is this issue inline with a screw? Either way no matter how it happened I don't see a fix for this without replacing the screen.

Jul 15, 2019
Looks like some physical damage in that area, to me it looks like a screw was too long and pushed into the screen from the other side. Is this issue inline with a screw? Either way no matter how it happened I don't see a fix for this without replacing the screen.

I would of thought there's a plate in-side to stop that happening and thank you for your response! - It is in-line horizontally (about 2 inches left), but not in-line with where the screw is.

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Definetly looks like physical damage, did someone pressed that area with their finger nails trying to clean it? As someone already said, there's no repair for that unless replacing the display.

I would of thought there's a plate in-side to stop that happening and thank you for your response! - It is in-line horizontally (about 2 inches left), but not in-line with where the screw is.

Yes there really would be no practical way to get a screw there without a lot of work, but that shape looks exactly like what I have seen on laptops cases when someone used the wrong screw and poked it through to the case, dark center with a light surround where the plastic was stretched.

Jul 15, 2019
Yes there really would be no practical way to get a screw there without a lot of work, but that shape looks exactly like what I have seen on laptops cases when someone used the wrong screw and poked it through to the case, dark center with a light surround where the plastic was stretched.
Definetly looks like physical damage, did someone pressed that area with their finger nails trying to clean it? As someone already said, there's no repair for that unless replacing the display.

Thanks for both your inputs, it's defiantly not been touched or pressued that hard. The white line seen on the first picture is starting to get a lot bigger now, even though I have put it back on it's stand as a precaution.

TRENDING THREADS