should both ups and PSU be same amount?

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
I am buying PSU 1000watt so I want hookup ups that can help me protect it from power switching from the inverter is 1000watt ups enough for 1000watt PSU

Solution
And do remember that the purpose of a UPS is to provide power just long enough to permit a graceful system shutdown if power goes out.

Not to continue gaming, working online, etc..

All that is needed is a few minutes of UPS power at best.

If you happen to be away from the computer then time is needed to get back and use the power icon to properly shutdown to avoid possible corrupted files.

Very likely that if power is out then internet, home network, etc. will all also be down.

If you live in an area with lots of power problems the UPS may provide some surge protection (Joules) as well. But only to a point.

Joules are cumulative and after a few big hits or lots of smaller hits, the protection is gone.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Not necessarily. That's the theoretical max of a PSU (with some variables re: quality), it would be more useful to understand the power draw of the system you wish to run from it and the UPS.

For example, if your system draws 400W peak, 300W sustained.... it doesn't really matter if it's connected to a 500W, 1000W or 1600W PSU.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
Not necessarily. That's the theoretical max of a PSU (with some variables re: quality), it would be more useful to understand the power draw of the system you wish to run from it and the UPS.

For example, if your system draws 400W peak, 300W sustained.... it doesn't really matter if it's connected to a 500W, 1000W or 1600W PSU.
well my system will draw 520 watts but it is just for the time being until I buy GPU in the next 2 years max

Ralston18

Titan
And do remember that the purpose of a UPS is to provide power just long enough to permit a graceful system shutdown if power goes out.

Not to continue gaming, working online, etc..

All that is needed is a few minutes of UPS power at best.

If you happen to be away from the computer then time is needed to get back and use the power icon to properly shutdown to avoid possible corrupted files.

Very likely that if power is out then internet, home network, etc. will all also be down.

If you live in an area with lots of power problems the UPS may provide some surge protection (Joules) as well. But only to a point.

Joules are cumulative and after a few big hits or lots of smaller hits, the protection is gone.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS