ibticktock

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
For the last three days someone with an address in Poland has been tryng to scan my ports. My firewall, Sygate Pro, shows me the warning message. I have finally set the Options to block attackers for 4 hours as I am getting tired of these warning icons blinking. I use AVG Pro for a virus protection, run everyday, and I have done several online scans using Kaspersky and Panda. I've also used some different spyware programs to check my system. Everything is coming up clean. I am keeping an eye on running programs in Task Manager. Lastly, I am watching the percentage of CPU usage to see if there are any spikes that might mean something is using me as a "zombie" server. Do I have a problem or is it just some moron who keeps trying to break in? Thanks.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I always just whois the ip addy and see what it is, second if its the same ip everyday by the third day it wins a special rule in sygate where that ip gets 100% blocked on any protocal from anywhere by anything ;)

btw if you don't have sygate pro 5.6 then your firewall has a small hole ;)

if you need sygate pro 5.6 pm me ;)

ibticktock

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Thanks for the info. I see Mr. Polish is back again today so hopefully he will soon get the point and move on elsewhere.

My version of Sygate Pro is the last one before the company closed down. It works so I am happy. Zone Alarm kept locking me out of one site that I use constantly so I had to dump it. Kaspersky came with their virus program and it went haywire and wouldn't stop scanning which essentially slowed the computer down to a walk. Norton, well, we don't need to talk about Norton, do we? :D

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
lol no we defenitly do not need to talk about norton.

as far as your sygate goes if its the last version of pro then you are ok if not then you need to get this version:

32812359am8.png

3408 was the last one as far as I know ;) if you go that one you are ok if not the other ones have a flaw in them that was fixed in 3408 build