Jul 26, 2020
I'm gonna be straight forward as much as possible. Okay so, guys I've just started YouTube and I have 124 (actually 24) subs. The 100 subs was from my previous Pentium 4 low end pc channel sooo.... Yeah I don't have a lot of subs to actually watch my videos. My current PC : Pentium G3220 (2C/2T) 3.0 GHz, Nvidia GT 1030 2GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Corsiar VS 450 80 Plus. Simply put I can't GAME on it as you guys know. I can play GTA 5 with Very High Settings apart from AA and Very High Textures and High res shadows. But to record it, it barely gets over 24 FPS which is JUST watchable if you have good content and video. I'm from India so luckily GTA 5 and Minecraft is popular along with PUBG emulator because still a majority of people game on Cell Phones. But as I don't have a good CPU I can't record any game with OBS so I have to record with bandicam and also lose at least 10-15FPS depending on the game. Now I really want to play Cyberpunk 2077 on my new PC but I don't know if both AMD and Nvidia will release a mid range GPU with Ray Tracing like an RTX 3060 before November, or at least in the 1st week. I see it as a good opportunity to grow my channel and cross that dreadful 4000 HOURS watchtime, if I be the 1st Indian channel to stream or start a Let's play of THAT MUCH HYPED game like Cyberpunk. Because unlike USA or any other foreign youtube channels like PewDiePie, Jacksepticeye, Markiplier or any other let's players out there... The one who shows the game first on his channel in Indian YouTube space gets so much views and naturally subscribers. And with a game like Cyberpunk it is meant to happen. But as of now I have a budget of INR 70,000 (sub $750-$900) including all taxes that costs us to pay $30-$50 dollars (for almost each part) more than original US price making the mid range budget Kinda High End for Indian consumers. And I can't spend any more than this so I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. The current rig I have figured is :
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600 (or a 3300X seeing it delivers almost same perf but with less than $50)
GPU : Nvidia RTX 2060( or 2060 Super if you guys recommend a 3300X)
RAM : 16 GB G skill DDR4 RAM 3000 MHz
SSD : 500 GB Crucial MX 500 ( I don't really need more than 1 TB storage as I keep deleting the games that I finished except only some rare ones. Plus I already have a 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD so that should suffice)
PSU : 550W Corsair VS 550 80 Plus white.
THE QUESTION : Should I wait for a POSSIble RTX 3060 or an equivalent AMD Ray Tracing card because I can't afford not to have Ray Tracing after spending such a good amount of money and also for future games coming in 2021 and 2022 ?

Solution
Cyberpunk is supposed to release in November right? For the 20XX series, Nvidia released the 2080/Ti first, followed by the 2070 a little later and then finally in early 2019 they released the 2060. If they do something similar with the 30XX series, Cyberpunk may well have been out for 2+ months by the time you get your 3060. I'm no streamer, but that sounds like a problem to me; you want to be able to hype Cyberpunk as it comes out.

The 2060/2060 super will both work well for you. I'd get the 3300X and the 2060 super, since you'll want every little bit of GPU performance you can get to run cyberpunk with ray tracing on AND stream it at the same time. The 3300X is solid, your CPU takes lower priority in this instance.
Cyberpunk is supposed to release in November right? For the 20XX series, Nvidia released the 2080/Ti first, followed by the 2070 a little later and then finally in early 2019 they released the 2060. If they do something similar with the 30XX series, Cyberpunk may well have been out for 2+ months by the time you get your 3060. I'm no streamer, but that sounds like a problem to me; you want to be able to hype Cyberpunk as it comes out.

The 2060/2060 super will both work well for you. I'd get the 3300X and the 2060 super, since you'll want every little bit of GPU performance you can get to run cyberpunk with ray tracing on AND stream it at the same time. The 3300X is solid, your CPU takes lower priority in this instance.

Reactions: Mr. Tany
Solution

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
...and there's no stopping you from just selling the card to a follower, friend or a stranger as the new 3060(s) becomes available. It'll be a tiny loss on your end, but I believe it is worth it.

As a sidenote; if you spend a little extra on the motherboard and does as RTX 2080(Now that is not a confusing name at all, good lord, what were you thinking? xD) says and get the 3300x you will leave yourself in a position to pick up the 3600(x or xt or going further maybe even the 4600) at a later date.

Jul 26, 2020

Thanks for the reply man I really appreciate it :)
I was also thinking that the time at which we are right now is a CROSS GENERATIONAL TIME between consoles. Next gen games will consume 6 cores down the line. So what do you think about that? To be really honest, I'm from a middle class family and a student from college. So I think you'll understand why I also want to future proof my rig. The INNO3D variants of rtx 2060 and the 2060 super one has a difference of Rs. 4500 (INR) ~ $40-$60. So what do you think if I compromise on the SSD Storage and buy a 250GB one instead of storage as it will be better in speed than the 120 GB variant and is Rs. 3000 cheaper than the 500 GB one. And do some cost cutting elsewhere like get 12 GB RAM instead of a full 16GB of RAM because I saw the difference between 8, 12, 16 and 32 gig of ram in a YouTube video showing games like RDR 2, Forza horizon 4, Hitman 2 and such heavy titles. But there wasn't any difference in a 12 GB ram or 16 GB ram. I mean we are talking about STRAIGHT 8 GB difference when we go to 16 gigs of ram which is nice as future proofing, but will not cost me a heap of money if I upgrade it. Unlike the CPU 3300X, I might have to upgrade it. AGAIN, upgrading CPU won't be necessary until my rig reach the point where I am going below 45 - 40 FPS at HIGH to ULTRA settings in future games which I don't think is going to happen soon. As for the RAM I'll gather enough savings and upgrade it within a year and same for the storage. What do you think ? The video which compares 8GB, 12GB, 16 and 32 GB is this :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTPDR2tHH5g&t=34s
Even games like RDR 2 and Odyssey don't use above 12 GB RAM. and MOST IMPORTANTLY I'll be gaming on a BenQ GW2283 1080p 60Hz monitor for probably more than 3 years..

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Everything depends on what you can afford. As it turns out, I just made the leap to an EVGA RTX2070 Super FTW3 Ultra. It is an awesome card - and the prices for this card just keep going up and up. I purchased mine less than 10 days ago for $599 at Microcenter because Amazon was out of stock. Amazon would have been $10 cheaper had there been stock. Now, it's $665! My advice is look at what your monitor can put out frame-wise and choose your video card accordingly. As for me, I have an Acer XB270Hu bprz 27" 2K monitor with a max refresh of 165hz. You may find the following website helpful GPUCHECK-GPU-Benchmark-Comparison web page.

Jul 26, 2020
...and there's no stopping you from just selling the card to a follower, friend or a stranger as the new 3060(s) becomes available. It'll be a tiny loss on your end, but I believe it is worth it.

As a sidenote; if you spend a little extra on the motherboard and does as RTX 2080(Now that is not a confusing name at all, good lord, what were you thinking? xD) says and get the 3300x you will leave yourself in a position to pick up the 3600(x or xt or going further maybe even the 4600) at a later date.
Yes I was thinking about a B550 motherboard. But they are way too expensive for me because I can't spend more than INR 6000 - INR 7000 ($95-$100) on a mobo because of my budget so I have to stick to a B450 motherboard and the most I can have is Asrock B450M HDV (INR 6550) or a B450M Pro 4-F (INR 7500). And seeing that AMD had agreed to provide support for Ryzen 4000 chips on B450 boards, I think my mobo will be able to handle Ryzen 4600 or a 4300X (if it even comes out). And if it can't handle the new 4000 series CPU then I'll probably upgrade the motherboard as well if DDR5 comes out after 2-3 years. I think that I would have earned a a fair bit of money from my channel that it would help me build my own PC without any help from my dad and have my own recording room as well. Because I don't have a family to take care of and I'm gonna clear my final year in college after 3 years, the tuition fees of which is paid by the govt. from my scholarship so I'm not in any financial pressure.
Anyway, I think I'll be going with the 3300X and the RTX 2060 SUPER if both Nvidia and AMD don't release their mid range RT cards in October as the combo is guaranteed to provide 100+ FPS at ultra 1080p without any RT effects and at least 60 FPS with every RT effects max which is good and fair at this budget for me. Thank you FoxVoxDK and RTX 2080 :) for helping me get out of this mess. Any other suggestions you would like to give me regarding a good airflow case (under $45) and a PSU.I think 550W 80 Plus white will bemore than enough as I saw and calculated at one of those online sites outervision.com. It suggested VS 650W BTW..

Reactions: FoxVoxDK
Jul 26, 2020
Everything depends on what you can afford. As it turns out, I just made the leap to an EVGA RTX2070 Super FTW3 Ultra. It is an awesome card - and the prices for this card just keep going up and up. I purchased mine less than 10 days ago for $599 at Microcenter because Amazon was out of stock. Amazon would have been $10 cheaper had there been stock. Now, it's $665! My advice is look at what your monitor can put out frame-wise and choose your video card accordingly. As for me, I have an Acer XB270Hu bprz 27" 2K monitor with a max refresh of 165hz. You may find the following website helpful GPUCHECK-GPU-Benchmark-Comparison web page.
Yeah and I have a BenQ GW2283 1080p 60Hz 5ms response time monitor. Nothing fancy but a good upgrade from my 900p monitor. And therefore I don't need an 8GB card like RTX 2060 Super but just because of Ray Tracing performance better than an RTX 2060 and a possible future 1440p monitor upgrade, I'm buying one.

I hear what you are saying about future-proofing and asking about where to cut corners in this build to better prepare for new hardware in the future.

The 3300X might not have enough cores and threads in the future for certain types of games, but its just fine right now and should remain so until after you find some success on your channel and can afford something with perhaps 8 cores and 16 threads; that is when you'll be in a position to future-proof.

I don't consider the RTX 2060 Super to be future-proofing, you are simply ensuring that the games you will play soon (cyberpunk 2077) will play without issue at high settings and ray-tracing at 1080p 60 fps while streaming at the same time. The RTX 2060 Super is a very fine 1080p card, but its still a 1080p card. In the future when you step up to 1440p, you'll have to reduce settings to keep things at 60 fps. It is at that point when you can future-proof with something like a RTX 3070 or something similar.

Modern AMD platforms are sensitive to RAM speed and all modern motherboards benefit significantly from dual-channel RAM, so if you can't get 16 GB of RAM, you'd probably be better off with two 4 GB stick of RAM for a total of 8 GB than an 8 GB and 4 GB stick for a total of 12. Something to think about. If the RAM ends up not being enough at some point, you can always add another two 4 GB sticks for a total of 16.

Something I would encourage you to future-proof is your power supply. Cheaping out on your PSU puts all the money you have invested into your new computer at risk and could completely undermine all the hard work you have put into this build and your channel. I've visited India before, the electrical infrastructure leaves something to be desired. This puts your PC at even greater risk than most of us in the USA. You should get a quality PSU from a well-known brand, and getting a 650 watt version won't hurt either: that'll allow you to upgrade your CPU and your GPU at some point in the future without having to purchase another PSU. There is nothing wrong with having your CPU and GPU being placeholders until something better comes out or you can afford something more powerful, but your PSU should be an investment.

Reactions: FoxVoxDK