Question Should I buy a bulk GPU?

Bogdan7585

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Hello, today I have found a new bulk GTX 1070 for around 200 dollars lower price than the retail version (nearly 40% lower). The warranty is 3 months, instead of 36 months retail version. Is it worth a buy?

BTW I need it for gaming.

D

Deleted member 2731765

NOPE, please do not fall for dodgy products. Even the warranty is just 3 months, and what if the card comes DOA ? Where did you find this deal ? Is that a Single GPU ? It's not worth buying, at least in my opinion.

The deal sounds a bit fishy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogdan7585

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
NOPE, please do not fall for dodgy products. Even the warranty is just 3 months, and what if the card comes DOA ? Where did you find this deal ? Is that a Single GPU ? It's not worth buying, IMHO.

I found it in one of the local PC parts shops in my country. They also have their own website. Also, if I were to buy it I wouldnt want them to send it, I would come myself to their shop and test it on my PC.

D

Deleted member 2731765

they are saying that its new,

NEW ? Then why would any sane fellow sell the card on a 40% lower price ?? There is a RISK factor here, and something sounds fishy to me.

EDIT: It might also be possible that they slap just the BOX of the 1070 Video card, but inside there might be some other low-end GPU model. I've seen this happen on several occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well it might've been used for mining, which can lead to them selling it on a lower price saying its "new". messiah has a point it happens a lot of times in my country when someone doesn't know a thing about computers or gaming but he just wants a computer so they give him the shit components with a way higher price.

Bogdan7585

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Well it might've been used for mining, which can lead to them selling it on a lower price saying its "new". messiah has a point it happens a lot of times in my country when someone doesn't know a thing about computers or gaming but he just wants a computer so they give him the shit components with a way higher price.

Can stores sell used components with a receipt as new?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Like no offence, but whoever sell computer parts in our country is mostly Indian tech guys, and yesterday my friend was like i cant find my rams i was like give me a picture? they stole his 2 sticks of rams when he left his pc in the shop for a day, and another friend they replaced his 1080ti with a fake 1080ti and took they took the brand new one.

Bogdan7585

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Like no offence, but whoever sell computer parts in our country is mostly Indian tech guys, and yesterday my friend was like i cant find my rams i was like give me a picture? they stole his 2 sticks of rams when he left his pc in the shop for a day, and another friend they replaced his 1080ti with a fake 1080ti and took they took the brand new one.

Thats why I rarely leave my computer in a shop or want someone to send me parts, I usually go to the shop myself.