Jul 23, 2019
Title sums it up pretty well. I'm upgrading my PC soon and I really like the minimalist aesthetic of NZXT's H500i, but I am concerned that my thermals might downgrade since the front panel is blocked. I don't really mind that the case is smaller, but it would be a dealbreaker if my thermals go way up.

It would be great to hear about people's thermals with the H500i! I am planning to use the Kraken x62 with front intake, a Ryzen 7 3700x, and I have a ASUS Strix GTX 1070 GPU.

Thanks for the help!

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
the h500i is one of the best looking cases on the market and i think everyone will agree with that, but the thing is, the case is designed around a negative air pressure, and that worries me, actually a few days ago i was planning on getting it my self, but i opted to go with the corsair carbide 275r! it looks amazing and the thermals are great, it was an extra 2 fan slots over the h500i. i couldnt recommend the 275r enough, if you watch reviews on this case, everyone says it is perfect except for the front panel screws! yes, the only thing that they can complain about is the screws that hold the front panel on

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
the h500i is one of the best looking cases on the market and i think everyone will agree with that, but the thing is, the case is designed around a negative air pressure, and that worries me, actually a few days ago i was planning on getting it my self, but i opted to go with the corsair carbide 275r! it looks amazing and the thermals are great, it was an extra 2 fan slots over the h500i. i couldnt recommend the 275r enough, if you watch reviews on this case, everyone says it is perfect except for the front panel screws! yes, the only thing that they can complain about is the screws that hold the front panel on
I did not realize the case i bought for my Ryzen 7 3700X was #1 Seller on Amazon (the NXZT H500) (non-i series)

Title sums it up pretty well. I'm upgrading my PC soon and I really like the minimalist aesthetic of NZXT's H500i, but I am concerned that my thermals might downgrade since the front panel is blocked. I don't really mind that the case is smaller, but it would be a dealbreaker if my thermals go way up.

It would be great to hear about people's thermals with the H500i! I am planning to use the Kraken x62 with front intake, a Ryzen 7 3700x, and I have a ASUS Strix GTX 1070 GPU.

Thanks for the help!
To be fair if you’re using an AIO with a chip that you shouldn’t OC and runs relatively cool anyway you just need to worry about the GPU which won’t really generate that much heat being a 1070

Jul 23, 2019
To be fair if you’re using an AIO with a chip that you shouldn’t OC and runs relatively cool anyway you just need to worry about the GPU which won’t really generate that much heat being a 1070
Yeah I don't think my usage maxes out the 1070 at all. What is the max temp at which I should be worried about my gpu?

Jul 23, 2019
I have a Triple fan ASUS ROG Strix card, 240mm rad wouldn't fit with the clearance. Barely fits as is, think the clearance is like 325 and the card is 298. I like the H500 but going ITX because where I am it can't dominate my desk.
Ah makes sense now yeah the Strix cards are huge