Question should i do anything in the bios before installing windows on a new ssd? choosing gpt or mbr in rufus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyoussef101

Commendable
May 23, 2020
hey i have two questions.

what should i do when installing the windows on my ssd, should i do anything in the bios before installing windows on it? what about my current hhd? i wanna keep it as an additional storage and install the windows on the ssd? do all this stuff need some work in the bios or not?

i'm confused about what should i choose when creating a bootable usb drive in the partition scheme (gpt or mbr) (using rufus), i've read some stuff online but i'm still confused and i would like to get some recommendations. and the thing is my windows right now is already installed in the mbr mode and also i'm trying to install windows on a new ssd, and i've already activated the ssd and i choose the gpt mode in the disk management so my ssd is in the gpt mode, is it wrong that i choose the gpt mode for my ssd? and what if i choose mbr when making the bootable usb drive, will the windows install on a gpt ssd?

thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
Why Rufus?
Use the MediaCreation tool from MS.

Have ONLY the desired drive connected.
Connect any others later.

yyoussef101

Commendable
May 23, 2020
Why Rufus?
Use the MediaCreation tool from MS.

Have ONLY the desired drive connected.
Connect any others later.

what about ssd being in the gpt mode? that's okay?

Apr 1, 2023
Use Ventoy (it's available on Windows and Linux). I use it myself. The installation to the flash drive is very simple. It is enough to activate the program special partition on the flash drive, and then you simply copy the installation iso image to the ready flash drive. And you can put image of several operating systems (as far as usb-drive memory allows) and when booting into BIOS you can choose exactly which system to install from those that you copied to the flash drive. Very convenient.

USAFRet

Titan
Use Ventoy (it's available on Windows and Linux). I use it myself. The installation to the flash drive is very simple. It is enough to activate the program special partition on the flash drive, and then you simply copy the installation iso image to the ready flash drive. And you can put image of several operating systems (as far as usb-drive memory allows) and when booting into BIOS you can choose exactly which system to install from those that you copied to the flash drive. Very convenient.
3 months later...
He's probably got it running by now.

And there's nothing wrong with the MS MediaCreation tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.