[SOLVED] Should i install new bios on asrock b450 steel legend motherboard? and can i revert it if anything goes bad?

Jul 28, 2020
So, i have a problem (very serious one) that is kernel 41, causing blue screens without showing the actual blue screen, it does a buzzing sound and suddenly my screen turns black, my devices go off but the pc is still on, i have to force it to reinstall, im wondering if this could be a bios problem, or memory which i will test later on with programs like memtester etc, should i install that bios version? (3.40) and if everything goes wrong, can i revert it? if so please leave me any recomendations to what should i do! thanks.

Solution
All Fast boot does is to skip some checks during POST and maybe shave off second or two, so not very useful even when it works. There should be no problems when disabled.
From 3.40 BIOS description, I think that this part addresses your problem.
2. Improve graphics card compatibility
and . 1, Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.6 + 3. Improve memory compatibility
Both of which are desirable anyway.
AGESA 1006 is latest for Ryzen up to and including Ryzen 3000 series
There's nothing in BIOS notes that precludes 1st gen Ryzen from working with that MB.
3.50 and 3.70, according to notes, shouldn't be used with CPUs earlier than Zen3 (5000 series)
So, i have a problem (very serious one) that is kernel 41, causing blue screens without showing the actual blue screen, it does a buzzing sound and suddenly my screen turns black, my devices go off but the pc is still on, i have to force it to reinstall, im wondering if this could be a bios problem, or memory which i will test later on with programs like memtester etc, should i install that bios version? (3.40) and if everything goes wrong, can i revert it? if so please leave me any recomendations to what should i do! thanks.
Which CPU ? Read notes in yellow letters for each BIOS. Yes, update BIOS to 3.40 as it has newest AGESA code.
With AGESA change, it may not be possible to downgrade BIOS version thru BIOS, may need to use software way to do it (check MB manual) but you shouldn't have too as that BIOS version addresses your problem.

Jul 28, 2020
Which CPU ? Read notes in yellow letters for each BIOS. Yes, update BIOS to 3.40 as it has newest AGESA code.
With AGESA change, it may not be possible to downgrade BIOS version thru BIOS, may need to use software way to do it (check MB manual) but you shouldn't have too as that BIOS version addresses your problem.
Hey! First of all thanks for the quick response, i apriciatte it a lot, sorry for my bad english tho, so thanks first of all and i searched a little bit more and people with ryzen 3600 ( not mine, since mine is ryzen 5 1600) have same issues over there, they said that disabling fast boot solved the problem, butim afraid the freezes etc could happen i have no way of coming back, can you explain in more detail if this upgrade is safe? Thanks

All Fast boot does is to skip some checks during POST and maybe shave off second or two, so not very useful even when it works. There should be no problems when disabled.
From 3.40 BIOS description, I think that this part addresses your problem.
2. Improve graphics card compatibility
and . 1, Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.6 + 3. Improve memory compatibility
Both of which are desirable anyway.
AGESA 1006 is latest for Ryzen up to and including Ryzen 3000 series
There's nothing in BIOS notes that precludes 1st gen Ryzen from working with that MB.
3.50 and 3.70, according to notes, shouldn't be used with CPUs earlier than Zen3 (5000 series)

Solution
Jul 28, 2020
Hey again, so basically you sre saying that the better shot would be to just install the new bios?? Thanks, and also you can confirm that nothing will happen with you know my pc overall? Thanks