[SOLVED] Should I replace SSD to fix windows problem?/ Other problems

Apr 28, 2020
So recently I ran into a bunch of problems with AMD GPU drivers and windows 10. This resulted in my computer being basically unusable (I can get into my OS but it's not able to restart without the screen going black). Naturally, I contacted AMD support to fix my driver's and they recommended that I use the AMD clean up utility in normal mode. This resulted in it uninstalling everything and windows tried to install it back automatically but it wouldn't let me restart(I couldn't get output upon restarting). To put it simple, it's completely screwed. This brings me to my questions. If I replace the SSD will all of my problems go away?(stupid question I know). Also I booted up my PC again with a speaker and this time I heard a second beep following the successful post code beep. Is there something wrong with my motherboard (I put the video in here). Lastly, is it worth going through this hassle or should I just build another computer using a microcenter bundle?
(Ps. I already thought of using a USB to restore windows but when I set it to boot priority and exit BIOS it doesn't let me get video output)
System specs:
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g Memory: 1×8 GB Corsair LPX ram 2400 Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 Black SPCC Micro ATX 2 fans Asus b450m motherboard 500w EVGA PSU
Beep codes

Solution
Also, I'd like to fresh install through a windows USB but I'd have to change boot priority and I can't do that.
Why not?

Full wipe and reinstall.
Create a USB to install from, boot from that, and wipe the whole thing.

Start over.

(AMD drivers are not unstable)
Apr 28, 2020
A different drive is not the solution.

Cloning to a new drive just moves the problem.
A clean install on the new drive may fix it, but that would be due to the clean install...not the new drive.
So if I just moved to a new SSD all of the driver/windows issues would still remain? I was planning to start completely a new meaning I would reinstall windows using a USB, not move the data from old ssd to new

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020
The "drivers" live on whatever drive the OS is on.
Unless that drive is physically faulty...moving that to a new drive fixes nothing.
What actual drives are in this system?

Identify the problem before applying a solution.
There is one 500gb SSD everything lies on, I was planning on taking that out completely and placing a new one in and reinstall windows on that one to get a fresh start

USAFRet

Titan
There is one 500gb SSD everything lies on, I was planning on taking that out completely and placing a new one in and reinstall windows on that one to get a fresh start
Right. As said...a new drive would involve a new OS install. Which may fix the issue.
But it was the OS install, not the new physical drive, that fixed it.

You might just try a new install on your current drive, before spending money on a new one.

Apr 28, 2020
Right. As said...a new drive would involve a new OS install. Which may fix the issue.
But it was the OS install, not the new physical drive, that fixed it.

You might just try a new install on your current drive, before spending money on a new one.
I already thought of this, I unfortunately can't change boot priority as it requires me to save and exit out of BIOS and I don't get any output after that. Also, why do you say "may fix it"?

USAFRet

Titan
The problem may lie in the current software. OS, drivers, whatever.
A fresh install might fix that.

Have you created a Win 10 USB to boot from?
Just try a fresh install on the same drive.

If you somehow have display issues, that is hardware other than the drive.

Apr 28, 2020
The problem may lie in the current software. OS, drivers, whatever.
A fresh install might fix that.

Have you created a Win 10 USB to boot from?
Just try a fresh install on the same drive.

If you somehow have display issues, that is hardware other than the drive.
Unfortunately everytime I get into Windows I get bombarded by windows trying to reinstall the drivers that AMD clean up utility uninstalled and it makes me restart. Also, I'd like to fresh install through a windows USB but I'd have to change boot priority and I can't do that. I don't think the GPU hardware is to blame but it's drivers. I want to reinstall them but I can't get into safe mode. Honestly I'm just tired of AMD GPU and their unstable drivers

Apr 28, 2020
Why not?

Full wipe and reinstall.
Create a USB to install from, boot from that, and wipe the whole thing.

Start over.

(AMD drivers are not unstable)
I can't exit out of BIOS without the screen going blank(thus me not being able to restart) also I took video of my beep codes in my original post, I know the first beep is normal but I have no idea what the second is.

Apr 28, 2020
Take the RX 570 out of the equation.
Remove it, and connect your monitor to the motherboard port.
Let the integrated GPU take over.
There's one problem with the integrated GPU on the APU. It won't work, last time I used it the APU would just shutdown for some odd reason. Thus me wanting to upgrade the CPU as well. I'm stuck in a real critical thinking situation lol.