Show us Your Case Mods

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, I'll catch up with you via PM regarding that volume/power controller.

I've had that happen to me, where clients would fall out but that's not a reason for me to stop moving forward with a build/project. Your project's need to be showcased in a Fallout themed room/booth. Those mods/items would be fitting in that back drop.

Dare I give you more reasons to enter into modding competitions?

tennis2

Notable
Nov 12, 2018
I would love to get into more case mods. A competition would be fun, but I'm not sure how the financing works. Especially the cost of filling a case with components. I don't want to have to do that on my own dime, and the mods I do require very specific/specialized components. If anyone has connections, I'd love to get involved. I have many ideas. This hobby has turned into a passion for me.

There is a "moral dilemma" involved in things like my 1950's radio and 1940's fire extinguisher case mods. These items are straight antique Americana. I don't take lightly to "destroying" them. As I said, my radio can be reassembled, and it's mine, so I know I'll be using it for many many years. The fire extinguisher requires cuts that would "destroy" it (the rear cutout for the mobo IO panel) and it wouldn't remain in my possession. That's a much tougher pill to swallow.

USAFRet

Titan

Your radio, I could see myself doing.The fire extinguisher, however...I'd probably let that go to a collector in its current state.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
http://www.performance-pcs.com/brand--magicool/radiator-size--80mm--40mm--180mm--180mm-triple/
Custom size rads. Link a couple of those slim 80mm top to bottom after running them in a cut-out at the back of the extinguisher. Could even use the pump from something like a FD s24 aio. 6x 80mm fans will supply plenty of airflow as exhausts, needing only natural venting as a intake.

Mar 5, 2019
I posted this in another thread (member systems gallery), but it can go here, too, I guess, since it's more specific.
My Black Widow Tower has an hourglass mod that I did:

I used a grinder to cut into the steel door after much measuring (didn't want to mess it up, and
fortunately didn't). I cut some plexiglass to fit, then crafted automobile window molding around
the steel and plexiglass to fashion a rather stable window. Cold Cathode RED lights within shine
out and...voila!...Black Widow Spider's red hourglass.

ASK THE COMMUNITY