Feature Show us Your Case Mods

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jason pierce

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Here is my Voltron mod that I did in a Cougar Panzer Max case..
x7qnMoY.jpg

Reactions: James9002uk

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013

Thanks man! I dig it too!

No treatement. I used a piece of steel that had been sitting in the shop. Looks like there was some sort of residue sitting on it from the factory and it made that look over time. I decided not to paint it or clear it, just left it as is.

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, interesting, so you don't intend to use a clear lacquer atop of it to preserve the texture/pattern? :) I think you could work with a matte/satin clear lacquer to preserve the non glossy surface.

Regardless, keep modding! ;)

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013

In this case no. but just simply because its in my house in a controled environment and should stay like this for a long time.

Lutfij

Titan
No problems(what so ever)!

Moisture does tend to creep up when you least expect it...heck you might even get a different fascia over time ;) That would be a pet project where you have a camera pointed at the fascia and document how it changed over time(i.e a pic ever 24/48hours) ;)

Lutfij

Titan
bobba84,
Nice work! Could you list the parts in your mod so as to help our readers gauge the hardware you're working with. Often times old parts might not be anything performance wise but they can add an emotional/vintage feel to help tie the build/mod.

Here's another one of my contribution. Case mod of a Corsair Spec-04 TG sponsored by Corsair(in Bangladesh).
zeRKMtT.jpg

yLTH7ZO.jpg

qSHYQmo.jpg

28p5YwW.jpg

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
GIGABYTE AORUS AX370-Gaming K5
Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR16GX4M3200C16W kit
Corsair Force LE200 480GB SSD
GTX980Ti Founder's Edition
Corsair HD120 RGB Fans x3
Corsair TX650M
all within a custom painted Corsair SPEC-04 TG chassis
Corsair Spec-04 TG custom painted in Dark Metallic Marine Blue and Metallic Slate Blue. Some parts left in their black factory paint.

Follow the album to the build here.

cmoswizard

Commendable
May 26, 2018
Here is a Shuttle XPC case given new life with a well-positioned SFX power supply and a Syba SY-MRA55006 mobile rack for 2.5" and 3.5" sata drives with dual usb3 ports. It makes for a very compact and highly functional PC.
Air flow is into the back with a 120mm fan and out the sides and also through the power supply and out the bottom. It runs very cool and quiet. The ITX board sits on custom mounting lug positions and the Shuttle drive tray has had the bottom third cut off splitting it into two sections. The case won't hold a thick graphics card so an apu based motherboard would work best here.

K9uWKRr.jpg

DJiIyPK.jpg

jJgagIz.jpg

N7SiShQ.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
_Johnny5,
You're welcome! Though thank you for sharing our work with the community and the world ;)
Humbled!
:D

The others should be coming around. I'm assuming a little before Computex starts or after it finishes. A lot of projects should be going to Computex from Renowned modders.

rakesh_sharma23

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
NIGHTHAWK, a case build with a theme of the famous Stealth Fighter plane Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk.

AMD Threadripper 1900x
Asus X399 Prime-A
AMD RX Vega 64
Corsair Dominator 4 x 4GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz
Cooler Master V1200
Samsung 960 EVO 250

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

66.jpg

Reactions: Blunderfluff

g-unit1111

Titan

That is sick!!! Love it!

bobba84

Honorable
Dec 20, 2017

Thanks man!

Full details are here

There are also updated pics - I've cleaned it up and changed to a 1070 :)

Bobby.