[SOLVED] Shutdown with ooct

Dec 15, 2021
Hi!

My pc started to shutdown when I was playing The Witcher, so I've made tests with OOCT

The memory and CPU teste were OK
But PC instant shutdown when I run the GPU or the PSU testThen, I tried running other tests for hours with OCCT.
My specs:
  • CPU : i9 - 10850K
  • Scythe Mugen 5
  • GPU: RTX 3070
  • Memory: 2x 16 GB DDR4
  • Mainboard: Z490-PLUS
  • SSD Cardea II TUF Gaming 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe
  • HD Barracuda 7200 rpm
  • PSU Super Flower 650W Leadex III ARGB Gold 80 Plus

The setup is all new, so I'm struggling to find the ploblem...
Can you help me find out what the problem is?

Thank you!

Reactions: Ferimer
Solution
The Superflower Leadex 3 is a top notch power supply, one of the best on the market.
But 650 watts is not enough for your system . Should be at least 750 watts.
Both your CPU and Video card can have large" surges" of power demand and require a higher wattage power supply.
Your power supply is overloading and shutting down gracefully instead of exploding like cheap ones do.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidias-rtx-3000-power-supply-requirements-PSU-shortage-2020

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi!

My pc started to shutdown when I was playing The Witcher, so I've made tests with OOCT

The memory and CPU teste were OK
But PC instant shutdown when I run the GPU or the PSU testThen, I tried running other tests for hours with OCCT.
My specs:
  • CPU : i9 - 10850K
  • Scythe Mugen 5
  • GPU: RTX 3070
  • Memory: 2x 16 GB DDR4
  • Mainboard: Z490-PLUS
  • SSD Cardea II TUF Gaming 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe
  • HD Barracuda 7200 rpm
  • PSU Super Flower 650W Leadex III ARGB Gold 80 Plus
The setup is all new, so I'm struggling to find the ploblem...
Can you help me find out what the problem is?

Thank you!
I dont know that PSU looks a bit lack luster for that setup. 650W may definitely not be enough.

Last edited:
The Superflower Leadex 3 is a top notch power supply, one of the best on the market.
But 650 watts is not enough for your system . Should be at least 750 watts.
Both your CPU and Video card can have large" surges" of power demand and require a higher wattage power supply.
Your power supply is overloading and shutting down gracefully instead of exploding like cheap ones do.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidias-rtx-3000-power-supply-requirements-PSU-shortage-2020

Solution