Sidewinder Precision 2 / XP

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:10:50 +0100, "Syke" <h.macguire@virgin.net>
wrote:

>Will this joystick work with Windows XP Home?
>

>Regards
>

>PJM

Yes.

Weaver

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:12:14 -0700, Aldwyn Edain <ae@invalid.email>
wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:10:50 +0100, "Syke" <h.macguire@virgin.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Will this joystick work with Windows XP Home?
>>

>>Regards
>>

>>PJM
>>

>Yes.

Aldwyn do you know how to get the MSSidewinderFF2USB :) Profiler
working again after installing XP SP2?

SP2 knocks out the Profiler - programing of the stick buttons stops
working with a thrown run32.dll error (Run dll as an App)

At least two of us would be very grateful if you know something please
:)

Software 4.0

Not sure if everyone has this problem, Asus A8N Deluxe here

Or if anyone knows how to bring this to the attention of MS. I bet
there's a simple fix and yes I'm sure they do care. Don't start :)

Don't install SP2 is an option yes but work with me here :)

TIA

Weaver

wrote:

>Will this joystick work with Windows XP Home?

It will yes mate but some functions perhaps may not - see my other bit
below :)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:24:08 +0100, Weaver <dratI@forgot.com> wrote:

>It will yes mate but some functions perhaps may not - see my other bit
>below :)

I have the Sidewinder Profiling software 4.0 installed for the PP2 and
it functions fine with SP2. Just tested it now to make sure. Maybe
I'll install the FFB2 software to see what's up, but I see no real
need for it unless you find the forces too strong in certain games. I
don't even know why I installed the software for the PP2 as I have no
real need for it. My MS FFB wheel v 4.0 software seems to work fine as
I do use that sometimes to lower the forces for certain games.

Weaver

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 04:04:17 -0700, Aldwyn Edain <ae@invalid.email>
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:24:08 +0100, Weaver <dratI@forgot.com> wrote:
>

>>It will yes mate but some functions perhaps may not - see my other bit
>>below :)
>
>I have the Sidewinder Profiling software 4.0 installed for the PP2 and
>it functions fine with SP2. Just tested it now to make sure. Maybe
>I'll install the FFB2 software to see what's up, but I see no real
>need for it unless you find the forces too strong in certain games. I
>don't even know why I installed the software for the PP2 as I have no
>real need for it. My MS FFB wheel v 4.0 software seems to work fine as
>I do use that sometimes to lower the forces for certain games.

Thanks - I hate loose ends :)