Sign-In Migration Megathread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

You mean make the bookmark go to the forums?

Wait a sec... I don't have any bookmarks.
4XY1vZY.png

Chrome URL autofill does a good job for me, as there are only about 15 sites that I visit regularly.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
I was refering to my bookmark on my chrome, I just figured everyone had one haha. I made that one when the old sign in method was around, I just had the apiffany to remake it after signing in today. I just did an autofill to the site and found that I was still signed in, so I really have no problems now (I was my problem beofre)

having the same issue myself even after i cleared out my cookies.

Okay so I mistyped it as I wrote my response here, but you can see in my screenshot that autofill did spell it correctly. I was going to forum, not forums.

I edited my response to show the correct URL, I have not changed the screenshot. Those are the screenshots that were there when I first posted my response.

Also, thanks for actually following up on that and not just ignoring it. Even though progress seems slow, I'm impressed with the amount of information that I'm getting from the staff. So thanks for keeping up with all our dumb complaints lol

D

Deleted member 217926

Same here. It's getting annoying that's for sure. They're working on it though.

Okay so I went to tomshardware.com, where I was still logged in (YAY). Then, I went to the forums. I was logged out of the forums. I hit to log in, and it showed me the new login page saying "last time you signed in with [username]", and I clicked my username. Then I was sent back to tomshardware.com and was given an error by Google Chrome saying that the site couldn't handle my request.

I then hit the back button and logged in again. This time, I was given an Authorization error, and re-entered my password, and it sent me back to tomshardware.com, where I was logged in.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
While i used to be logged-in all the time at Tom's Hardware forums, about 5 days ago or so, when i started my PC, i found out that i was automatically logged-out from the forums. Logging back in isn't an issue for me but what is, is the constant logging-in every morning when i boot up my PC since i'm not used to it on this site.

Did some testing to see at which time i'm logged off. Booted up my PC and logged into the forums. As long as my PC is powered on, i'm logged-in to the forums, regardless of if i have my Firefox web browser open or not (v 56.0.2). Figured that when i shut down my PC then i get logged-off from the forums but i'm still unsure about it. Mostly because i had a power outage here 2 days ago that lasted about 3 hours (thinking to get UPS now). Once the power did came back and i returned to the forums, to my amazement, i was still logged in.

At this point, i don't know what that time is when site decides me to log off but it seems it's between 3 to 8 hours when my PC is powered off. That automatic log-off continues on to this date, lasting about a week now.

What happend now........

I did not need to log-in to the forum now for about 2 months or so.... 3-4 days ago I have to log-in everytime I close the web browser and sometimes I have to log-in if I read a forum post then go back to watch the live feed....

To the people who run Tomshardware:
Please go back to the old version that worked.. And by that I mean the one before you started the "upgrade"... this is getting to a point where it is ridiculous...

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there all,

We're aware that there are still some outstanding issues in terms of logins not persisting, and that if you're part of a (not so) lucky group of users, you may have to log in every day in order to access the forums. Our dev team is aware of this issue and is working to resolve the problem, which we believe is related to an issue with cookies. Please bear with us in the interim, and hopefully we can get this resolved before too long.

-JP

not sure whats gone wrong but for the last 2 days toms hasnt loaded the css in opera browser. i looked at the devs console and its a wall of red errors.
scripterror : try re-loading [jquery,Purch/Utils/Lazy,Purch/Link/DecodeLive]
g @ $:2131
$:2131 scripterror : try re-loading [Purch/UI/Sticky]
g @ $:2131
$:2131 scripterror : try re-loading [Purch/User/MemberModule]
and so on...

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017

Do you happen to have a screenshot of this script failure? If you do I'd love to see it.