Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawzu

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
i live outside the US and i already have a cousin very willing to receive this for me. =) now to find that smart and witty comment i've been saving for this kind of stuff...

Nemesiss

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]The chicken didn't come first, after all. The "First!" did. That just about equates to dividing by zero, I think?[/citation]

Chicken didn't come first, newegg did!

astoilkov

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
My name is Antonio Stoilkov and I am developer. I am amassed from the great rig Tom's Hardware and CyberPower are giving away. I just want to comment that not every computer with good hardware specs and flashing lights on it should be called Gaming Rig. I am developer & designer and I think that this computer can do very good job for a freelancer because it has the hardware capabilities of doing certain jobs with the speed and the ease needed.

wildfox

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Something to think about: am I the only one who's missing the SSD drive? Why isn't it common in high-end machines even today? The performance gain is so obvious.. If I win the first thing would be to add an SSD as system drive. Otherwise I'd be standing there with a real powerplant that loads slower than a crappy old sys (with SSD).

G

Great for Toms for doing another giveaway. Good luck to all including me. I hope I win. Would be really great to game in high gfx settings after 100 years of living under the lowest gfx settings.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
My wife says my current tower can't play crysis the way she likes and would love to get her hands on something new that she can play all night long while she forces me to watch. ;)

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Any reason why the above picture case has TWO EVGA cards in SLi and a 1000w power supply unit? This is a misrepresentation I think

Good enough? Also, Why is a water cooler necessary when that CPU is at stock?

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Hi there, citizen. My name is C. Montgomery McGhee and I just became mayor of your house. May I come in?
Sorry, friend. I’m afraid I can’t “get off your porch” before you “call the cops”. As you can clearly see by taking a look at my phone, I have a duty to this house to fulfill. Now, if you’ll excuse me…

Yikes. Already I can see we’re going to have to work at streamlining the infrastructure around here. Your furniture is sprawling out of control. Looks like you’ve got some traffic problem getting in and out of the bathroom over here. Let’s take a look in the fridge. Oh my. I don’t know how anyone could expect small businesses to put roots down in this house without a decent place to get something to eat. Looks like I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me.

First things first, though. We need to start getting more people interested in bringing their resources into your home. By the looks of your computer desk, I imagine tourism around here is negligible at best, huh? No worries. As my first act as mayor, I’m going to authorize CyberpowerPC to help turn this room around. With all the gaming, surfing, and other media you’ll be able to watch on this sizeable gaming system, I’m willing to bet visitors will start coming by in droves. All we need is a few digital components to connect via the 2 DVI outputs and some digital cable and this 240mm radiator cooling system will help us turn things around here in no time. And now that I’m thinking about it, we may want to grab a slightly smaller card readerto spruce up the front. I’m sure the budget can handle it. If not, I’ll just raise taxes.

Now then, let’s get started on our first budgetary committee meeting so that I can see what I’m dealing with. Where do you keep your account records? Please, sir. Enough with the threats. I know you may not have voted for me, but let’s not make this any more difficult. I’d really hate to become mayor of your face.

randomizer

Champion
Tuan, I sent you that laptop, now you can send me a PC :D

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Oh man it's never outside America.. i mean can't toms just "Pay" for the shipping? it's meant to be a competition after all..[/citation]

The red tape for international competitions is horrendous.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I love how they advertise that there's going to be a gtx 460 in it, while in the pictures I see, correct me if I'm wrong, two evga superclocked or something like that gtx 480 with the the stock evga waterblocks.

majinn

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
In the likely event that I don't win this contest, would you kindly ask CyberPower to give a second system to me?

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
My wife has done informed me that in the unlikely event that I would win this, I might as well forget about keeping it, seeing as its her turn to get something new. Ah well, doesn't mean I cant try. I think if I did win, though, it would be worth sleeping on the couch for a little while in exchange for this rig. :p

nippplez

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Does Hawaii count as inside the US? Because I'm sick of using my old computer built out of coconut husks, ti leaves, and duct tape.. powered by lava and pineapple juice..

Status
Not open for further replies.