Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hexiv

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Smart? Witty? How about a guy playing StarCraft II, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age (among others) on a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB 800 MHz RDRAM, with a Radeon 3850 AGP (just replaced a GeForce 6800 Ultra a few months ago - that was a great card and served me well for a long long time). Crazy thing is, at 1650x1080, the games aren't terrible (half-bad, yes, but not terrible). It's the Little 6-year-old Rig that Could!

G

May i please have this system? I had to sell mine to pay bills.i would have been better off selling the wife but there were no takers.

mpavao81

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
why dont they open it to other countries but if someone for another country wins just have them(the winner) pay for the shipping. I would be more than willing to pay like $150 in shipping to receive that bad boy.

inveriti

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Oh man it's never outside America.. i mean can't toms just "Pay" for the shipping? it's meant to be a competition after all..[/citation]

It's due to legal issues. Sweepstakes, giveaways, etc. have procedures for compliance with state and federal law. Also, the risks of getting scammed increase when you deal with foreign citizens. Having a person in the US to ship to gives them someone they can have a material connection with in case something goes wrong. It is unfortunate, but them's the rules.

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]mpavao81[/nom]why dont they open it to other countries but if someone for another country wins just have them(the winner) pay for the shipping. I would be more than willing to pay like $150 in shipping to receive that bad boy.[/citation]
It isn't about the shipping cost. It is about international laws.

push it

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Tom's Hardware is a great resource for info on pretty much anything you need to know about electronics and PC gaming. Thanks Tom hardware for the great support! Let the games begin! Where would we be without Tom?

mpavao81

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
The UV fans/Liquid cooling look absolutely sexy. I would leave my wife for this rig, its sexier/ probably doesn't talk back or argue with me either lol. And I would get more enjoyment out of it than i did with my wife lol. I would to put this thing through its paces to see what it can do. A system that sexy should be censored for people who cant handle seeing a system like that.

push it

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Tom's Hardware is a great resource for info on pretty much anything you need to know about electronics and PC gaming. Thanks Tom hardware for the great support! Let the games begin! Where would we be without Tom?

G

Never won anything in my life... but attempting to win by trying to type this after my eye surgery (on many drugs).

If I do win, please send me the email in font size: 72.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Tuan... Please accept my undying love, and allow me the honor of winning this fantastic piece of hardware. If I win, I will continue my work towards world peace and donate all my gas money to the global economy.

By choosing me as the winner, you will be supporting a balanced and level-headed contributer to the TOM's hardware world! Thank you in advance!

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]mpavao81[/nom]The UV fans/Liquid cooling look absolutely sexy. I would leave my wife for this rig, its sexier/ probably doesn't talk back or argue with me either lol. And I would get more enjoyment out of it than i did with my wife lol. I would to put this thing through its paces to see what it can do. A system that sexy should be censored for people who cant handle seeing a system like that.[/citation]
Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight...

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]Tuan... Please accept my undying love, and allow me the honor of winning this fantastic piece of hardware. If I win, I will continue my work towards world peace and donate all my gas money to the global economy.By choosing me as the winner, you will be supporting a balanced and level-headed contributer to the TOM's hardware world! Thank you in advance![/citation]
This isn't Miss America. You don't need to mention world peace. >_>

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]antecneo[/nom]This system looks as good as mine!![/citation]
So you'll let me have this one then since you're already covered? Thanks! =P

G

Dern, that's one mighty fine rig. I was tellin' Ma the other day about a tractor I was needin', but then I saw this gussied up thinking-machine on the Internet-picture-viewer and I was flumoxed and my needs dun transmorgafied. (The tore up, old tractor will do fer another season with some bailin' wire and grease.) I can't quite reckon what some of those high-falutin' parts are even fer on that thinking-machine contraption. I'd bet our best yard dog that junior could finally get the best of that McCoy boy she's been hatin' on for years in Crysis 2 (Junior needs all the help she can get, she is a might slow, but I don't like the dog much anyways). So, if I don't win me this here major award, how may chickens you figure I'd have to sell to buy me one?

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]bouncergriim[/nom]I like Cheese, please let me win[/citation]
Cheese for everyone! Wait, Scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a giveaway, if you don't like cheese. True?

Status
Not open for further replies.