Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwiing

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Many seem to ask questions such as:
1) "Can it do my homework for me?" - I bet it runs MS office quite well.
2) "Can it play Crysis?" - Did you look @ those stats? Absolutely!
3) "Can it stay nice and cool?" - it's liquid cooled!

I can think of 1000 ways to put this beautiful machine to use, but good luck to all who are entering. This is truly a righteous rig!

rrf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Dude, a CyberPower system? SWEET! My bleeding edge system of a few years ago now performs more like a gnarly scab, so please pick me so that I can frag like a demon again!!!!

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Ponder This: If a woman gets pregnant by a water balloon, and right before her due date, her water breaks. Should she panic or be happy?

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]djdave404[/nom]Stuff[/citation]
You want your fancy i7
you think it'll be heaven

Props on your rhyme
though you have plenty of time

This contest won't end for days
while you're waiting eat some Lays

Your post is unique
it really is sleek

Though I think I want to win too
a prize that's too good to be true

To Tom's and CyberPower
before the final hour

Please take a glance
and give my posts a chance

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]decode[/nom]Any reason why the above picture case has TWO EVGA cards in SLi and a 1000w power supply unit? This is a misrepresentation I thinkGood enough? Also, Why is a water cooler necessary when that CPU is at stock?[/citation]

I was thinking the same thing!! I'll take anything if I win. It would be great if it had blu-ray drive though.

This would be the first time I have a system with water cooling that would be fun to mess with for sure.

You know I generally don't post any comments on websites since it requires creating an account and such but I visit Tom's so much I can't help but post something! Especially when a contest requires it...

That case makes my legs weak.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
2oz copper FTW!

Not a bad rig but its hard to come up with some thing witty.

A long long time ago there were alot of people, but that was a long long time ago....

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I'll probably switch the card out for an ATI hd6000 when those come out.

as for something witty...

A peanut was walking down the street and it was assaulted.

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]decrypted[/nom]Ponder This: If a woman gets pregnant by a water balloon, and right before her due date, her water breaks. Should she panic or be happy?[/citation]
Sorry to burst your bubble (or balloon), but in such a scenario I think there's bigger questions to ask...

mswezey

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Does this rig play Crysis?

Oh yeah I bet it does :)

Can I port Halo Reach into it? If microsoft doesn't mind?

(kidding of course)

shovenose

Distinguished
i hope thats not a low quality psu in there. ut knowing cyberpower i betcha it is. lol ugly case too! but i would say heck yeah this is an awesome. and yes i would spend $150 on a nice ssd to speed this sucker up!

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Wow you people are harsh... I don't think I've seen so many "thumbs down" given. You must think that by doing that you're increasing your own chances.

the_laughing_man

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
What a sexy box! If that girl had wheels I bet you it be flying down the block. With all the guys drooling at her blingy blue light and cool liquid cooling as she flew bye. And if I won her I give her the proper loving she deserves, as we would wast countless hours together gaming!

smilingbounder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Anything I say will sound extremely cheesy and contrived if I try to be "witty" or "smart", so I'll just say what I'll use it for if I win.

1. Gaming. It would be really nice to move on from this 9800 GTX+ I've been using the past couple years, even though it served me well. It just can't run all the latest and best looking games out there well enough on high settings. Games like Metro 2033, Mafia II, and soon to be Crysis 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

2. I'm a digital painter, and anyone who has ever tried digital painting at high resolutions in photoshop, or just doing any kind of work on a high resolution image, knows that it can get really sluggish when doing certain tasks, such as using a large brush, smudge tool, or even zooming in and out of the image. Photoshop uses GPU acceleration, and while my 9800 GTX+ does an OK job, it just can't cut it on really high resolutions. So, winning the system would really help with that.

3. As a hobby, my brother and I use a program called Blender. It's a really powerful 3D modeling and animation program. Again though, when working at high polygon/subdivision levels, it can really slow down. Having a better system would help with the working on the 3D objects, and also rendering the final product.

That's what I would use it for. Thanks for the contest and good luck everyone.

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
lol, as mark heath said, inspiration for the lazy... there are not many articles that span 16 pages of comments and rising. the only ones that i have seen would be things like when the fermi cards were released.

in any case, i generally always post on the articles i read, either that or i don't because i'm not logged in at work. only one thing can happen if you truly desire to learn from others and post honestly... you will learn something. thats why i post, but i digress it really is nice to see so many people actually respond to an article, i personally wish it would happen more often.

ah, and to win would also be quite helpful to me, as i am moving and won't need to worry about buying a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.