Sims2 University crashes within 15 minutes, sometimes even..

WinXP2, GeForceFX5600XT, 512MRam, plenty of disk space, the latest
drivers (got updates yesterday).

I have the Sims2 patch, which I installed before the upgrade to
University. I don't have any other Sims2 downloads.

I have tried turning off my virus killer. I have tried turning down all
of the video settings. I have tried starting again from scratch. Nothing
seems to effect the crash. Nothing specific seems to cause it. The other
games (Doom3, Halo, etc.) all work fine on my system.

Anyone out there got any ideas?
--
Steve Charlton | You may have trouble getting
steve@gnirekoms.freeserve.co.uk | permission to aerobrake or

Tried the XP Help screens via the Start button? They have a game
troubleshooter. You can get to links to test your DirectX and other
settings to help you there. DirectX is on the cd if you need to reinstall
it.
Or the official site?
http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/sims2_std_alp.php

Have you got something running in the background like the Indexing service
Automatic updates or the Microsoft beta antispyware program? The last
collapsed my game to the taskbar because it was on a scheduled startup at 3
pm.

Defragmented and checked your pagefile settings, cleared the Temp file
lowered the screen setting and refresh rate etc, etc?

This site below has some useful information about different tweaks you can
make if all else fails. Worth reading anyway.

Sims 2 is a memory hog so anything you can do to increase room there would
help.

Skeatsan''co