Single beep, but pc isnt starting.

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Hi, i cant start my pc.
It gives single beep but dsnt boot up.
Heres wat i'v already tried,
I'v removed gcard n tried with internal video card, same prob,

I'v tried removing battery n resetting bios, i can atleast open bios after this, but whn i save n exit, again no display.

I'v tried removing cpu n putting back again. Same problem.
I cant find where the problem is.

Solution
Ok, well reseat the CPU and see if it works now. You might have had a contact issue and just by reseating it in the socket could have corrected it.

If this doesn't fix it, the most likely culprit is the motherboard, then next is the CPU itself.

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
If i remove n insert back my Ram, i can start pc, but after that i cant restart, to start pc again i hv to again remove n insert ram.
Is this the sign that my ram is the problem? Or smthing else?

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Now m more confused. This time i did not touch ram, but instead removed n inserted back hard disk wire in motherboard, and pc started.
And again whn trying to restart, it woudnt boot.

So each time whn i want to start my pc i hv to either remover n insert ram, or hard disk wire.

Is the problem related to power?

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
I'v tried with single stick, with each stick in each slot,
Its still same.
I can start my pc but thats it.
To start it again i hv to either remove n insert ram, or hard disk wire,
Thats why m confused, i cant understand how its related,, unless its power related problem

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Yes, it is disabled,
Now at last probl is, i can boot my pc, but i cant reboot.

As far as i can tell its happning with,
Hard disk,
Battery,
Ram,

If i remove any of these n insert again i can boot pc,

Do you have the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? According to GigaByte's website the latest is F11.

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
and i'v never updated bios,
i'v downloaded file, but i hv no idea how to update bios,
So m reading on Gigabyt's website about updating bios, i'll point out some things which i cant understand there,

1st - If your BIOS is flash protected, please do not enable BIOS Flash Protection under Advanced CMOS Setup (AMI BIOS) or Advanced BIOS Features (AWARD BIOS) in BIOS menu.

2nd - Three BIOS Flash Utilities...
We provide three BIOS flash utilities at our website. Below are the overviews -
Qflash
@BIOS
DOS flash utility
( which one of these should i use? )

This link is to your motherboard manual:

Z87-D3H Manual

Look at page 75 and lower. This details the procedure. I recommend the QFlash. It's pretty simple. DOS is more complex (need an external bootable device), @BIOS is done from Windows and I don't like doing BIOS updates from Windows.

Does your computer crash once you get it to boot and enter the BIOS. As long as your computer is stable once it starts, then you should have no problem updating the BIOS. If it crashes on you in the BIOS, then you shouldn't update the BIOS.

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Right now pc is working, but if i want to reboot it, it wont, it wont even go to the bios screen where i can open bios, i'll jus hear a single beep and thats it nothing on screen,
But if i remove smthing in motherboeard n put it back again,
it'll start normally..

So if its working and i restart it simply it wont go to bios ...
Should i try updating bios?

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
m goin to update it with "Bios live update utility" and in its manual its showing that it wont reboot when updating bios, its saying it'll update bios and thn i'll hv to restart pc...

So when it POST's you can't get into the BIOS? Going from QFlash is the safest update option in my opinion.

Hemant1711

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016

Qflash-
A BIOS flash utility embedded in Flash ROM. Not all motherboards have the Q-Flash, please use @BIOS or DOS flash utility to update BIOS if your motherboard does not have Q-Flash.

- Make sure you have a functional floppy disk with the correct BIOS version for your motherboard.

My pc dsnt hv floppy slot.