SIS 315 - just released

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well its out i wanted to inform you people. This is the all the info i can find on it:

256bit core
H/W T&L
AGP4x interface
up to 128MB of ram
DDR-sdram support
memory bandwidth up to 5.3GB/s
3D VR capabilities
motion compensation engine for DVD hardware acceleration
Direct3D and OpenGL - supported
supports dual display, LCD output and TV-out applications

-- takes one to now one --

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i got this from reactorcritical.com they nvidia geforce2mx now has no breathing room cause of the 315 and the radeon

SiS announces SiS315

SiS announced their new video chipset for mainstream PC market SiS315. This core logic supports integrated hardware Transform & Lighting, 256-bit 3D Engine, supports AGP4x interface and the memory up to 128MB. Cards based on SiS315 will use DDR SDRAM, which provides memory peak bandwidth up to 5.3GB/s. Finally, when accompanied with SiS301 video bridge, SiS315 also supports dual display, LCD output and TV-out applications.

Commercial production of SiS315 is expected to start from December by SiS's foundry . The price per 10,000 units is $30, which is very competitive to GF2 MX.

If all of the above is true, we will see a rather powerful solution, which can be GeForce2 MX or even GeForce DDR "killer". Frankly speaking, SiS does not point out the productivity of SiS315`s TCL - it can be 25 mln. textured polygons per one second (like on GeForce2 GTS) or 10 (like on ATI S1-370TL). They also don`t indicate the core frequency and the number of rendering pipelines / texture units. The perfomance of this chipset is a mystry for all of us.

G

I saw the news a few days ago. The news also reported that SiS itself admits the 315's performance is around 10~20% slower than MX. The price will be below 90US, unfortunately some MX cards already reach this price tag. The news is in Chinese, but you may want to take a look at the card =p

<a href="http://shoppingguide.ithome.com.tw/newscompo/newscomponent20001211_2.html">315 news link</a>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
This card can makes it atleast nvidia will have to worry about cause this shouldn't be a 2 company battle royal. face it where are the other guys: trident: ? , s3: gone , matrox : needs the g900 out now , 3dfx : part of nvidia

thanks you sis for making this and atleast keeping the market maybe keeping it alive and underprice!

TRENDING THREADS