[SOLVED] Site falling to load in an inconsistent manner.

Aug 10, 2022
I am trying help a friend with a weird issue and am out of ideas. They messed with their internet settings trying to set up a server for gaming, and after doing so, web browsers seem to not have a consistent internet connection. Applications like steam and discord function perfectly, chrome wont load videos from YouTube, Hulu or Netflix, but prime video works fine, gmail takes very long to load anything. Firefox will load youtube and hulu, but only after several tries for each video( refreshing the page and/or reloading the browser), and still prime video works perfectly. I have done all the basic trouble shooting i can think of, restarting the computer, making sure drivers are updated etc., and have even reset the network settings on the computer, both through the settings menu, and by using the command prompt. The computer is running windows 11 home, with an amd ryzen 7 27000, 32gb of ram, a x64 bit operating system with a intel I211 gigabit network connection. Any help is appreciated!

Solution
I would first try to disable IPv6 in your network settings.

Then go into IPv4 setting and put in a fixed DNS server like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

You might be running a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 sites and IPv6 may not be working correctly so you get kinda random results.

The DNS could be some issue with your router or your ISP dns server. The default is to use the router as a proxy to the ISP dns. Both those tend to have more issues that just directly going to google (8.8.8.8) or cloudflare (1.1.1.1)

You might be running a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 sites and IPv6 may not be working correctly so you get kinda random results.

The DNS could be some issue with your router or your ISP dns server. The default is to use the router as a proxy to the ISP dns. Both those tend to have more issues that just directly going to google (8.8.8.8) or cloudflare (1.1.1.1)

Reactions: Gaaaaary108
Solution
Aug 10, 2022

That was an annoyinly easy fix after butting my head into the issue for a couple of days now. I did both so im not sure which one actually worked but, Thanks!

My guess is IPv6 but running those dns servers has the added ability to run encrypted DNS. I am not sure if you noticed that setting when you were putting in the DNS. Microsoft has added this to the base OS. I would use 1.1.1.1 over google. I trust cloudflare to not keep the data more than google who spies on everything.

TRENDING THREADS